December 2013 Moms
Options

Ears (not LO)

Anyone else have really bad ears? I was aware last night about 9 pm I was getting an ear infection. I held off on the Dr thinking I'd be ok till morning. About 3am I had a huge build up of pressure and a terribly painful pop followed by a gush of fluid. When I got up for the day I was dizzy and couldn't walk straight. Trip to the urgent care reveals I have a tear in my ear drum and a seriously infected ear. I've never went from slight pain to this before. I am laid up on pain meds and had to get a lovely shot of antibiotics in the bum. I have to take a antibiotic orally 3x a day for the next 10 days. The Dr I seen said I have a lot of scar tissue build up. He says he believes based off my history it's from my two sets of tubes as a child. I need to get over this quickly. Any tips or tricks?

Re: Ears (not LO)

• Options
    Former swimmer here---I've had more ear infections than I can count, both inner and outer. I would choose pain anywhere else in or on my body over ear pain. You're lucky you didn't need surgery! The only thing that will speed up the healing is rest. And if you don't notice an improvement in 48 hours, make an appt with an ENT right away. Hope you feel better!
  • Options
    That sounds terrible! No advice, but I hope it gets better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kinda feel your pain right now. I have a sinus issue from allergies going on right now. But not the sinuses in your face... The ones behind my ears. It hurts like a mofo. Talking, chewing... Ughhhh. Stupid ragweed. Anyways, I hope you start to feel well soon!!! Ear pain is the worst!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies and I agree I would rather recover from another c section then have this ear pain.
  • Options

I kinda feel your pain right now. I have a sinus issue from allergies going on right now. But not the sinuses in your face... The ones behind my ears. It hurts like a mofo. Talking, chewing... Ughhhh. Stupid ragweed. Anyways, I hope you start to feel well soon!!! Ear pain is the worst!
    This is me too.  I have the world's worst sinuses, I swear.

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"