February 2013 Moms

"Helpful" friend vent

FI's friend has been staying with us for a little while (which FI didn't even bother asking if I was ok with, but that's a whole other story). But now since he's been around and I'm assuming feels comfortable around DD1, he's trying to do things to help parent her. It's things that end up making life harder on me, or completely go against what I've said though. For example, a couple times he has gotten her out of bed (usually her fussing wakes me up, but he's gotten her up with the first peep she makes in the morning), and he gave her a full sippy of water. Problem is he didn't wake me up and didn't bother to change her. So by the time I get up, her pajamas are soaked in pee. Other times he has asked me if he can put on cartoons for her, and did it anyway after I said no. He does other various things to try to parent her too. I'm getting really frustrated because he's clearly not listening to me, and I don't know how many ways I can tell him not to do something. Ugh!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Helpful" friend vent

• How hard! T sounds like he's trying to be helpful, but I agree with pps about having your husband talk to him about the routine
    Have him really stress how wonderful it is that he wants to be helpful, but that breaking your normal rules and routine really only makes things harder.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• That's awkward! I agree with what DC said.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"