Trouble TTC a Sibling
Options

Bleeding

Hey there.  I don't post very often but often read and follow other posts.  My husband and I have a 13 month old boy that we conceived through IVF.  We were hoping not to have to do IVF again to get #2 so we started trying as soon as our doctor gave us the all clear but no such luck.  This past spring we did two IUIs and got 2 BFNs of course.  We then took a break over the summer to save up some money.  After my last IUI my period won't come back on it's own.  I did a round of Provera and it came back after that.  Well another 11 weeks go by and still no period.  My doctor's office is doing a new method in the sperm washing for the IUI so we are going to give it one more shot this fall.  Well they put me on birth control to get my estrogen level up and then when period starts we will start meds to do the IUI.  However after my husband and I have had sex I will start bleeding probably 3 out of the past 5 times.  We aren't doing anything wild and crazy and it isn't causing me any pain.  I started week two of my pills yesterday and after sex on Sunday I was bleeding a lot, and then started bleeding again yesterday for no reason.  My doctor wants to do a u/s tomorrow morning to check things out but has anyone else had anything like this happen???  Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Re: Bleeding

• Options
    Thanks everyone.  My doctor wanted me to come in this morning to check my cervix and to do a u/s.  He checked the cervix and that didn't show any polyps or cysts so that was good.  He then did a u/s and he said the lining of my uterus was really thick and thinks my body is over riding what the birth control is supposed to do.  So he said since it is mainly my body just being difficult and nothing really to fix at the moment I am just going to finish out my pack of pills and then see if my period comes.  He said it very well may not and also not to be surprised if I continue to bleed on and off from now and then.  So if it doesn't start I'm supposed to let them know on day 5 after I finish the pills and we will start the meds for my IUI.  We shall see what happens!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"