February 2013 Moms
Options

how much milk?

how much milk are you ladies giving your LOs, and how often? we've been giving JJ milk with meals and snacks (full sippy with meals, half with snacks) and water the rest of the time, but lately he's been asking for milk more often and has less interest in the water. i consider it relatively healthy, but i still don't want to overdo it. thoughts? (i'd also like to avoid the screaming fit when i say "no," but that's just postponing the inevitable, i guess--he's always screaming about something these days!)

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork

Re: how much milk?

• Options
    djm31012djm31012 member
    edited September 2014
    My guess is you are at more than us. We are at about 12oz a day...we just do milk first thing in the morning and before bed.

ETA: DS does have other forms of dairy throughout the day though...
  • Options
    djm31012 said:
    My guess is you are at more than us. We are at about 12oz a day...we just do milk first thing in the morning and before bed.

ETA: DS does have other forms of dairy throughout the day though...
    We are similar, although I would be surprised if DS2 is drinking even 12 oz.  He just has very little interest in milk.  We offer about twice a day and if he drinks it great, if not, I'm not worried.  The kid crushes yogurt and cheese.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine LOVES milk, unlike DS1.  He probably drinks 16-24 oz per day, and I basically give it to him whenever he asks. 

He calls it "mek"  ;))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    She gets milk with meals and water the rest of the day.  She's on almond milk though, cows milk upset her tummy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS gets one in the morning and one in the evenings which his sippy cups are about 10oz each. On weekends he will get one with lunch sometimes but most of the time it's water in between.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    The answer is 0. My child despises milk. It is the only food or drink he will literally spit out.
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    E won't drink milk normally. When he does, he gets terrible diarrhea and acts like he's got stomach pains. It's exactly what happens to me when I drink milk so it's possible. But he eats yogurt and cheese like there's no tomorrow.

That said, E saw the pumped bottle of bm yesterday and totally went into melt down, so I gave him a tiny bit (to make the storage bag an even 6 oz.) And now be keeps trying to take my pumping bottles while I'm pumping. Is that weird?
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I'm pretty sure as long as you don't go over 24 oz/day it's fine. DD still nurses 3-4 times a day and eats 1/2 - 1 cup I yogurt per day., so I'd guess we're at about 20 oz of dairy, of the human an cow variety combined, per day.

• Options
    DS drinks some almond milk here and there, but he also BFs at bedtime/throughout the night, so… Yeah, not a lot of milk.

• Options
    The dude guzzles water like it's going out of style, though.

• Options

The dude guzzles water like it's going out of style, though.

Yes, E is like this with every other beverage. He just doesn't like milk.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    We give milk first thing in the morning, before nap, and at bedtime. Each cup is 5-7 ounces. Total, they're getting about 18 ounces a day. They have water with all meals and snacks.

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• Options
    thanks for all the feedback! maybe i'll take a day and actually measure how much he gets--only at breakfast does he usually finish his whole cup, the rest of the day he drinks a bit and then i put it back in the fridge when he's done, so he may not be drinking as much as i think!

• Options
    DC2London said:
    I can't answer because your siggy pics killed me.  :x
    ;) thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"