February 2015 Moms
Options

Pierced Mommies

mamabuttmamabutt member
edited September 2014 in February 2015 Moms
Fellow piercing lovers,

Disclaimer: a million and one questions in here...sorry :-\"

Have any of you with naval piercings been experiencing any discomfort with your piercing lately? I'm guessing it's because of my belly getting bigger and rubbing more on my clothes, but it's feeling like the piercing is getting tighter. The skin stretching? Idk, but what ideas do you guys have for making it more comfy?

And for you STM+ at any point did you take yours out? Why? And how quickly did it close up? I'm not really interested in repiercing through scar tissue X_X so I'd like to keep the piercing in, but only time, and my body, will tell.

Okay, enough of me asking questions, let's get talking! :)

ETA: grammar...and words. Damn mobile bumping.

Re: Pierced Mommies

• Options
    I ended up taking mine out but they do make jewelry for when your pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took mine out around 24 weeks with DS. I didn't re-pierce because I was unhappy with how it looked afterwards. I don't know about pregnancy jewelry. I gained a LOT with that pregnancy though so I actually got stretch marks stemming from the hole. I don't feel like mine went back to normal.

That being said, many women don't have that problem. I have known quite a few women who used a rubber retainer as a holder and they still have perfect, amazing bellies and piercings.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @ChickenOnSunday‌ I was totally thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    I have one still in. I am going to take it out once it starts to get uncomfortable. I maybe took it out at 6 or 7 months last time. About a week after the baby was born I got in the shower and lathered my belly with soap and shoved it in. It looks exactly the same.
  • Options
    Bahaha, I mean, we can totally go there if anyone wants to delve into THAT area of piercing location @ChickenOnSunday‌ :>

I'm at 17 weeks and I've got what I think may be the beginning of stretch marks around the belly ring but it could just be from the piercing laying weird too because of my belly getting rounder. I've never heard of a rubber retainer though @jennhillhoite‌. Anyone on here have any experience with them? Or the longer "pregnancy jewlery" we've all seen?
  • Options
    I took mine out at probably around month 2. But you can buy special jewelry online that allows you to keep it in the whole pregnancy. I'm not too concerned I have mine done since I was 16. I had it out for it year and it never closed so I guess I'm just fortunate.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    jennjilljojennjilljo member
    edited September 2014
    @mamabutt‌, it was while I was in the military. By rubber retainer I mean the got a flexible piece of thin rubber and used one of the bioplast pieces to assist a small piece of rubber through that could be trimmed down and unnoticeable at appointments.

Eta: Here's a site for pregnant belly bling 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Owwie @Paleomama‌! X_X

I've had mine for about 3 years I think @psychobutthead‌? I figure that it won't close up that fast, but I know that some close up a lot faster than others. I wouldn't think the belly button would be a real fast healing area, considering the original piercing takes quite a few weeks heal the first time.
  • Options
    Mine closed pretty fast. Now there's a stretch mark shaped like lightening... Very Harry Potter haha

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I so thought this was going to be about a more exciting piercing location. I'm disappointed.

I have a piercing that is the level of excitement you were looking for :) I'm not sure when to take mine out, but it hasn't bothered me this far.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    @mamabutt‌ it wasn't that bad. Those pregnancy rings in my opinion are a lot worse. I got one and could not stand it. It made me itch so bad. Maybe because it was plastic
  • Options
    I'm with @ChickenOnSunday‌ I was ready for a: colostrum leaking out of a piercing or a when do you have to take jewelry from the lady parts out?
  • Options
    I bought one of the really long 'pregnancy' belly button rings online for like $6. If you decide to buy one then I recommend the all plastic ones (as in the ball on the ends is plastic also!) because the one I bought has the metal balls on the ends and it's heavy! So now I am going to order the all plastic one!
  • Options
    Paleomama said:
    @mamabutt‌ it wasn't that bad. Those pregnancy rings in my opinion are a lot worse. I got one and could not stand it. It made me itch so bad. Maybe because it was plastic
    Yeah you where probably allergic or just having a bad reaction to the plastic. There are also glass retainers you can buy. If someone has sensitive skin I would suggest that. Gorilla glass makes some pretty reasonable and good quality ones.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    I have zero personal experience with this, but I just recently learned about maintaining a belly buttom piercing through pregnancy because a friend of a friend sells the jewelry- she's quite successful with it I guess? This is her site: https://www.pregnancypiercings.com/home
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• Options
    I had mine for a couple months prior to getting pregnant and heard all the horror storries of strech marks and scars that I took it off just short of 8 weeks. Now my piercing is closed and not really looking forward to scarr tissue re piercing but still debating on getting it done again anyways.
  • Options
    My regular one became tight around twenty something weeks last time (due to the skin stretching).  I delivered with one in and a couple week pp, put in a normal one.  LO does pull on it and lifts up my shirt to look at it. 
  • Options
    I still have mine in.  When I was pregnant with DS I got one of the soft plastic ones and used that until maybe 34 weeks, at which point it became sort of uncomfortable so I took it out, but still ran a ring through it every few days just to keep it open.  It didn't close up.

I lost the plastic one at some point (which is why I'm still using the regular one), so I'm going to order a new one pretty soon.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    I took mine out a long time ago, but a friend of mine still has hers pierced and she's had 2 kids. She bought this one off Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008Y33U3Y?cache=9c0f27a0788743f34403ed05a80d7c1d&pi=SX200_QL40&qid=1411445153&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

For less than $10 with shipping and it worked just fine for her all through her pregnancy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I took my naval piercing out during my first pregnancy around 24 weeks.

3 years later and it's still not closed. I could still get the bar through if I wanted to. (I don't though).

Honestly? I looks awful. It stretched and looks ridiculous. I curse my 18 year old self for thinking it was ever a good idea in the first place.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
     @AshleySparkle720, I had one too... I left mine in for the whole pregnancy and only took it out for the delivery, I put it in maybe 3-4 days afterwards. I have since taken it out because I felt like I was too old for that stuff lol

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    PurpleTink said: @AshleySparkle720, I had one too... I left mine in for the whole pregnancy and only took it out for the delivery, I put it in maybe 3-4 days afterwards. I have since taken it out because I felt like I was too old for that stuff lol

see I'd be to scared to take it out and then put it back in without like going back to the piercing place. HA I was scared enough getting it done in the first place, but I'm sure it'll become a pain the more my body stretches.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    lol @ashleysparkle720 I didn't really enjoy changing the jewelry much, but got used to it after a while! Even if you took your jewelry back to get a pro to put it in, I'm sure that would be fine!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @sweets0022 ... Sorry don't know if this is how you reply, i had my nipples pierced before i became pregnant, and now, you guessed it, a tiny bit of "mama's milk' is always there at the former piercing site... Agh!! I fear its only gonna get worse as my pregnancy progresses.. It doesn't bother me at all now, but I really don't want to be leaking everywhere later on. Haha P.S. My sister had a 'ahem' downstairs piercing and kept it in right up until she popped! ;)
  • Options

I took my naval piercing out during my first pregnancy around 24 weeks.

3 years later and it's still not closed. I could still get the bar through if I wanted to. (I don't though).

Honestly? I looks awful. It stretched and looks ridiculous. I curse my 18 year old self for thinking it was ever a good idea in the first place.
    Same! I took it out just a couple months after becoming pregnant with the first. It still stretched into a giant star looking stretch mark and is almost saggy. Wish I never got it pierced in the first place! The great ideas we have when we're kids and know it all!
  • Options
    I took mine out around 4 months because I was worried about it ripping out or infection. I'm about 19 weeks now and it doesn't appear to be closing yet
  • Options
    I took mine out around 4 months with my DS and it never closed, just stretched really big. It wrinkles and sags if I put a bar back in it so I just never did. I know there's specific belly rings for maternity use but I don't know if they help with the skin or anything.
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I took mine out around 17 weeks because of family horror stories. Everyone I know that left one in (rubber or not) tore through and it looks horrible not to mention extremely painful. I got mine when I was 13, so I figured I rode that train long enough anyway.
  • Options
    Meagano19Meagano19 member
    edited September 2014
    I took my belly ring out at about 15 weeks when I started wearing maternity pants because the panel irritated it. I'm not sure if it's closed up or not 5 weeks later but I'm not really interested in trying. After baby comes I'll see if I can get the ring in...
    My best friend has her lady parts pierced and left it in until her c-section and her husband put it back in for her that night.

ETA: My belly piercing itches so bad right now and I feel a weird pulling in it most days where I guess the skin is stretching. So far no stretch marks there but I expect that to change soon.
  • Options
    I am having this same issue. I took mine out because when my boobs started growing they got really uncomfortable to have in. Now they are starting to leak. Ok maybe not leak per say but I constantly see colostrum at the pricing site.
  • Options
    I took my belly piercing out last week at 19 weeks. Mostly I took it out because it was getting uncomfortable rubbing on my pants and I think just from the skin stretching.  I am not sure if I will try to put it back in once little man is here or not,probably not cause DH thinks it's slightly ridiculous. But I am thinking it wont closer cause I've had it almost 11 yrs?  It does kind of scare me now hearing about all of the stretch marks that have developed at the site though!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I got my nipples pierced in 2007, and took them out in 2010.  I've been meaning to ask my midwives if I should expect anything out of the norm when it comes to BF'ing

That's my spicy $0.02

• Options
    How long has your navel been peirced?

I got mine done at 14 and have not worn a ring in it since I was about 19. I'm about to be 25 and can easily put a ring in it. After it has fully healed I think it takes a long time for it to grow back up, if ever. My husband pierced an ear in high school and hasn't worn an earring in like 7 years - he also can put one in there easily. Either we are just weirdos who don't heal or you should be able to go without the ring for 9 months without it closing up or having to be re-pierced. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    nbad311 said:

I got my nipples pierced in 2007, and took them out in 2010.  I've been meaning to ask my midwives if I should expect anything out of the norm when it comes to BF'ing

That's my spicy $0.02

I took mine out when I was pregnant with DS and it was definitely interesting pumping haha ;)

• Options
    I took mine out at the beginning of 4th month. What I wanna know about it the moms with nipple or vag piercings. I have a vch and I want to wear it till the end. Did any of you that have one keep it in the entire time? I have no nipple piercings but I'm just curious as to what you will do and how you will breast feed w/ it?
  • Options
    FTM: Took mine out let the streatching begin. Lol they have maternity ones if you want to keep it in. Maybe best to take out for now though. Ouch if it gets pulled on something with bump in the way.
  • Options
    KiaE3620 said:
    I took mine out at the beginning of 4th month. What I wanna know about it the moms with nipple or vag piercings. I have a vch and I want to wear it till the end. Did any of you that have one keep it in the entire time? I have no nipple piercings but I'm just curious as to what you will do and how you will breast feed w/ it?
    My doc with DS had told me I could leave my nipple bars in as long as I had a piercer secure the balls (I took them out before that because they felt SO heavy after a certain point and I kept having nightmares DS was going to choke on one regardless) and I only had to take my "other" piercing out when it was time for my c-section. I got it 2 years before DS was born so I wasn't worried about it closing up and I put it back in a few weeks after when I got my stitches out and I could do it myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"