January 2014 Moms

I need a source for a magazine article about Lotus Birth.

It's crazy hard to find people who've actually done this. Equally hard to find information that doesn't ridicule women who are interested in learning more about lotus birth. If anyone has done it, or knows someone who had, could you message me, please?

Re: I need a source for a magazine article about Lotus Birth.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh man. Good luck finding anyone who has actually done it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ummmm....no....just no.
  • Hey,

Sorry that you should get such negative comments in an environment where we are supposed to be supportive of each other's choices.  The fact that you are currently still researching it and not trying to convert everyone to your own point of view should be a fair indicator that this is supposed to be a mature conversation.

I have no experience myself, being a ftm but I have done some research.  One of the main reasons people advocate lotus birth is because they believe it is less traumatic for the baby to separate from the placenta in its own time.  I can't really say if this is true but I don't personally believe it to be the case.

There are good reasons not to cut the cord immediately.  As long as the cord is still pulsing, there is still a flow of blood and nutrients to your baby and delaying the clamping until after the pulsing has stopped will allow you to take advantage of this.  It's actually been proven in the states (I think only a couple of years back) that delaying the clamping of the cord by 30 - 60 seconds in the case of premature babies can reduce the chances of haemorrhage by 50%.  After it has stopped pulsing though, there is no real reason to keep the cord attached.

Hope this helps some :) 

• So this the 2nd time this week I have come across stuff about lotus births (after having no clue they existed).  I can't imagine trying to care for a newborn and having to lug around (and care for)  the placenta. 

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Chimps don't cut cords because they don't own scissors. Duh.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• More power to ya if this is what you want to do, but it isn't for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"