September 2012 Moms

Tuesday chatter

13»

Re: Tuesday chatter

• hmp1 said:
    What do you do if your garbage disposal smells disgusting?
    I clean with ice cubes and lemons.
    This, or oranges because I usually don't have lemons.

I don't have lemons but I do have oranges, what do I do? Just cut it up? I assume the peel needs to stay on?
    I run the peels down every time I have an orange to help freshen up. If it actually smells, I do wedges of the orange and peel to get the juices in there too.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Just curious......... do you guys prefer a male or female OB?
    Female. I had a pap from a male just once, and felt so awkward I'd never do it again.
  • Loading the player...
  • My brother is an OB/GYN, but he's a gynecological oncologist, so I don't think his being male is an issue with many of his patients.

I used to prefer a male GYN because they seemed, i dunno, gentler? But I think I just had one or two female OB/GYNs who were just sort of rough during pap smears. Now I just prefer the doctor with experience and good bedside manner.  Honestly, my trusting them is the biggest factor in choosing/staying with them.
  • The practice I was with with Aria had about 5 males and 1 female. I only saw the lady once and didn't really care for her, but ther was also one male doctor I didn't like. I did really like the male doctor that delivered. This time, I have a male doctor. I chose him based on my sil's referral. He saved her life, so I trust him. He seems very knowledgeable and didn't just brush off my spotting, so we're on good terms.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Guys, my math class was hard! Dividing fractions is for the birds. I can get a 'right' answer in about 3 seconds, but doing what they want me to do hurt my brain. I was able to do some things though and explain to others.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • I've had two OBGYN's and then a regular doc that did everything.  Two were male, one was female and I definitely preferred the male who delivered Luci.  The only thing he said that threw me off was the morning I was induced he apologized for his big hands.

The female OB was okay, but she had so much experience and so many patients that she didn't really take time to talk to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• jenndub said:
    I like a male OB. I'm pretty sure my vagina is amazing to look at and I don't want it going to waste. I actually don't have a preference, but I've been going to the same one for 9 years and it's a male.
    I have the best of all worlds...female OB that happens to be gay!  And she's brilliant.  I adore her.

• I've had two OBGYN's and then a regular doc that did everything.  Two were male, one was female and I definitely preferred the male who delivered Luci.  The only thing he said that threw me off was the morning I was induced he apologized for his big hands.

The female OB was okay, but she had so much experience and so many patients that she didn't really take time to talk to me.

lol willy! There was a male resident that assisted my delivery of keagan and he said something similar. And his cervical checks were much more painful!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• hmp1 said:

What do you do if your garbage disposal smells disgusting?

I clean with ice cubes and lemons.

This, or oranges because I usually don't have lemons.

I don't have lemons but I do have oranges, what do I do? Just cut it up? I assume the peel needs to stay on?

The ice is supposed to help clean the blades. I usually throw a few handful down and let it run a few seconds. Then, yes, chunks of lemon/lime/ orange with the peel on to give a fresh smell.
  • melody921melody921 member
    edited September 2014
    BobKat22 said:
    Even with registries, they still screw you over. I had one at BRU. Someone got me the wrong type of mattress pad. I went to exchange it for the one on my registry. They took 50% off the returned item because I didn't have a receipt. Obviously, it's from BRU since it's the BRU brand, and I obviously just had a baby shower and pretty much asked my guests to buy products at your store and this is what you do in return? Also, I just wanted to swap a sleeper for a different size since I have over 20 3 month sleepers. It was also from BRU. Again, they let me exchange the size, but made me pay half because I didn't have a receipt. I hate them now.
    This would make me livid!  They're basically robbing both you and your shower guests!  Did you fight it?

ETA: I definitely added things to my registry after the fact to make returns easier...

I also added stuff after the fact to make returns easier. BRU has some shady policies.

• How do you run orange peels down a disposal without it sounding like it's breaking? Do I just have a shitty disposal, lol?

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited September 2014
    melody921 said:

How do you run orange peels down a disposal without it sounding like it's breaking? Do I just have a shitty disposal, lol?

Well, it pretty much always sounds like it is breaking. I hate the sound of a disposal. But I still use it multiple times a day and I have never had one quit on me.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• melody921 said:
    How do you run orange peels down a disposal without it sounding like it's breaking? Do I just have a shitty disposal, lol?

it was very loud. I think I need to do it more regularly to clean it out. The smell was gone last night but is back this morning (after running the dishwasher overnight) I think the dishwasher might be part of the problem. It is another problem altogether though. Sigh.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • BobKat22 said:
    Even with registries, they still screw you over. I had one at BRU. Someone got me the wrong type of mattress pad. I went to exchange it for the one on my registry. They took 50% off the returned item because I didn't have a receipt. Obviously, it's from BRU since it's the BRU brand, and I obviously just had a baby shower and pretty much asked my guests to buy products at your store and this is what you do in return? Also, I just wanted to swap a sleeper for a different size since I have over 20 3 month sleepers. It was also from BRU. Again, they let me exchange the size, but made me pay half because I didn't have a receipt. I hate them now.
    and this is why i HATE BRU.  I didn't want to register there but since my guests (my mom's relatives) prefered to shop in store verses online and that the one store that was in my home town and by me i had to register there.  I avoid them at all costs! 

@Holly for the disposable i usually do ice cubes and baking soda to clean it when it starts to smell....  you could try that.  Sprinkle a generous amount of arm and hammer over the ice cubes and let is run.  

then if you think its the dishwasher that is smelly as well.  try a cup of white vinegar in the dishwasher and run is without any dishes.  the smell should be gone.  Its worked for me since DH thinks our dishwasher is also a dish scrubber and puts some pretty nasty dishes with food stuck on them in there.  It gets a bit discugusting, but the vinegar really works!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • hmp1 said:
    Wait, Poke, did you register for a rubber duck? That seems like an add on item for someone making a basket or wanting to cute up a gift of towels. I don't think I have ever seen one on a registry.
    Yes but it was the thermometer kind for the bath water.  For some reason everyone decided to get me it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"