February 2013 Moms
Options

Update on DS

Thank you so much for your kind words on my previous post. I don't know how it happened, but within 24 hours he has drastically improved. The only thing we did differently was more frequent feeding and burping. I would've thought more feeding would make him throw up more, but somehow it has had the opposite effect. He's had plenty of wet diapers today (6 already) and minimal spitting up. The doctor appointment went well. She said his reactions and color look good. He did lose another ounce from his hospital discharge weight, but only lost 6 oz total from birth weight so they aren't too worried. We're going back on Thursday for a weight check and follow up on the feeding issues. 

No one really knows why he didn't want to eat or was throwing it back up. Could've been the extra mucus/fluid in his stomach from delivery, or just a slightly immature digestive system that took a few days to start working properly. I'm just glad things have gotten better and I'm cautiously optimistic that they will stay this way. Thanks again everyone! :) 
PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: Update on DS

• Options
    wow great news! did they say anything about switching to a softer formula, maybe soy or even like a Gentlease? Just curious. DS was always a "happy" spitter, though never was losing weight. We used Enfamil Gentlease and he did well with it.
  • Options
    great news!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah!!
  • Options

Great! I hope things keep looking up!

• Options
    Great news! Elliott has the same thing when he was a newborn too. I'm so glad to hear he's doing better!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Great news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hurray! Great news. So glad he's doing better. :)

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• Options
    So good to hear! Hoping with you that things stay all good with his eating!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So glad he's doing better!  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear things are looking up.  I haven't been around for a few days and just saw your OP.
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
  • Options
    So glad to hear he's doing better! I didn't get a chance to respond to your first post, but DD was a bit slow to get up to speed on peeing too. Lots of spitting up, and I was stressing over wet diapers during the first week, she was basically just makin the bare minimum. I think in my case it was my OALD messing up her tummy. But then she got the hang of it and gained a while pound the next week... But that first week was very stressful!

• Options
    That's fantastic news! I hope things continue to go well!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"