LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday Folks!

Let us know what is on your mind today. Tell us any 10 things you would like. Ready, set, go! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options
    1. Today is my wife's first day back to work since Adalyn was born.
    2. I'm a little nervous about being solo with all three girls, but so far I'm doing ok.
    3. Adalyn is currently nursing and I'm attempting to mobile bump with one hand.
    4. I have been a slacker and not been pumping as much as I should. This just means I get no break, so I really should make more of an effort.
    5. We started putting Adalyn in a co sleeper when she first came home, then tried the rock n play, now most nights she ends up in bed with us.
    6. My wife isn't a fan of co sleeping but I do what I need to in order to get some sleep. Adalyn will sleep up to 3 hours if she is next to me, and I'm lucky to get her to sleep 2 hours in the rock n play.
    7. I tried nursing laying down last night, not super comfortable and she spit up after.
    8. My boobs hurt pretty bad the last few days. I think my milk is increasing.
    9. M just woke up, God grant me patience, she is a spit fire these days.
    10. I'm already looking forward to nap time.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    1. Been up since 3:45 am feeding, its now after 5 and getting S back to sleep has been getting harder and harder! She's nearing a,Wonder Week and it shows.

2. I had no back pain during my pregnancy, but nursing is killing my neck (because it's impossible not to look at her all the time when she's nursing...she's so pretty!), and my low back (hunching despite knowing better). I'm out of chiropractic sessions, but I'm going to go and pay out of pocket. It's that bad.

3. I'm everything crossed for @StacyLH24‌!!!!!

4. This week I really am going to try Mom and Baby yoga! I went to my first yoga class post partum on Saturday, sans bebe. But this one you use your baby as a prop!

5. J is back to work this week. It was pretty lovely having a month together as a family! Though she really can't entirely disengage as the owner, it was nice that she didn't have shifts.

6. One of J's best employees wants to nanny for us. She has a 2 yr old daughter, and while she's young she is amazingly mature and responsible. Problem? J doesn't want to give her up at the shop. :( But we'll see. We only need 2-3 days!

7. I need to start cooking again.

8. I think she's solidly asleep and we can go back to bed, but I'm scared to move and wake her!

9. My one sister turns 38 today. I think my sisters' birthdays make me feel older than my own birthday! I remember my dad picking me up from kindergarten and saying "how about a Megan Elizabeth?" I was so excited I made him come on and let me tell my teacher!

10. I'm enjoying all the new folks, reading/getting to know you all on the TTC thread. I agree we need some BFPs! FX for all!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Thinking about @rkbo‌, K, and baby Amelia today. I'm glad Amelia is here safely and is receiving excellent care and lots of love from her moms.

2. Ash slept until 7 today. Woohoo!

3. I'm thinking about hitting up the local Moms of Multiples sale this Saturday for some birthday/Christmas shopping. Anybody ever been to one?

4. Speaking of birthday, I've kinda stalled out on planning Ash's. I need to get back at it. We have the date and location set, but I keep waffling about the theme and decor. Initially I was thinking about a radio flyer wagon party, but then I realized that we really don't have room to store a wagon (we don't have a garage). Now I'm thinking about just having a generic color party. I've seem some pics of some really simple themes that are gorgeous. Like this one:

5. Z and I just started watching Parenthood on Netflix. She watched most of season 1 without me because I didn't think it would interest be, but alas I got hooked. We're mostly through season 2. I saw that Sons of Anarchy is now on Netflix. I know it is super popular, but I'm not sure if it us our style. Anybody watch it?

6.Ash has a new thing where he wants to put his fingers in my mouth while he's nursing - even when I have a necklace on for him to play with. Kinda gross.

7. I ran 2.5 out of the 3 miles we ran/walked on Sunday. My goal is to run 3.1 straight at the 5K we're doing on Sunday. I'm terribly slower than I was pre-preg, but that's ok. I'm doing I it!

8. I have two new go to veggie burger recipes in my casa. Make them. You won't regret it.

https://ohsheglows.com/2011/07/13/our-perfect-veggie-burger/

https://ohsheglows.com/2013/10/28/thai-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with-spicy-peanut-sauce/

9. I'm thinking about starting a new Wednesday thread because not everyone participates in the Wellness thread and the WFDW thread kinda died out. Maybe I'll start a poll later.

10. It kinda feels like fall this morning! It's been an extremely mild September this year! I'll take it!

Happy Tuesday, peeps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@ATXMommas – we went to a Moms of Multiples sale a couple of weeks ago, and I was a bit disappointed. Some people totally love it, I just think it wasn’t really for us… plus it was ridiculously hot, and my wife was wearing Will and they were both sweating… it was in a local high school without A/C or windows to open and it was a 90+ degree day. We also got there more toward the end of the sale and a lot was picked over and what was left didn’t seem like it was in stellar condition. I feel like if you go with the mindset that you are going to be there a while and you have patience to sort through lots of stuff with the hope of finding something you happen to like/need that is in good condition, you could find a really good deal. There were a handful of things still in the boxes/packaging that you could tell had never been used. That was nice, but it just wasn’t anything that we needed. We ended up getting Will a small stack of books to add to his collection, but that was all. We are considering going to another sale like that in two weeks, just to see if perhaps we just had one less than stellar experience… I dunno. I want to be the mom that gets super, duper bargains on lightly used baby stuff… but I am having a hard time embracing it.

Sorry for the long winded response!

I will be back later with my 10 things! J

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    1. The boys are playing and doing tummy time so I'd thought I'd jump on and see how many ten things I could get done. 

2. The more toys I pack up, the more Kaden plays with what's left out. It's amazing. He really doesn't need all of this stuff. I might just keep some things packed on the other end and try to rotate through toys that are in use.

3. EV mentioned this morning how she was craving muffins so I toasted a healthy flax and seed bread and added pumpkin butter and cream cheese.  Definitely very tasty even if its not a muffin.

4. I found myself going to the Starbucks drive-thru almost every day over the past couple of weeks to get a Chai latte and inevitably other treats. Costco had a sale on a pack of three of the chai tea so I bought it.  Yumm - plus I'm having a small cup instead of a venti - hopefully this is cutting down on calories.  FYI - I miss "real" coffee shops of which there are none around here. But in a town near where we're moving there's a great coffee shop with indoor kids corner!

5. Kaden is reading to Owen from picture book. "It's a cow, Pig - oink oink. ...Butterfly, Glasses, Bird." I love how Kaden says snake "Sneak". My work here is done - babysitter - check!

6. The cats across the street have used our sandbox as their litter box on a couple of occasions - blech. I'm going to dump the sand, but wanted to find a way to decontaminate the toys....

7. Hopefully my shrink wrap arrives from Amazon today. I love shrink wrapping things - so fun...

8. I pumped 5oz total yesterday (two 2.5 oz sessions). I'm pumping a little extra because I need enough to cover our in-laws and EV watching the kids on Sunday while we move.  For some reason when I stood and pumped it took 1/3rd of the time.

9. I've been playing classical music on Spotify the last couple of days and it is really helping me to stay calm during the craziness of packing.  Plus I love classical music.

10. They're still playing!!  Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!!  

• Options
    @Jazibel‌ I'm sad you have to go to Starbucks but glad that'll be remedied soon! J has a kids area in her bigger shop and its awesome!

Dishwasher the sandbbox toys.

Spotify's white noise playlist is our savior for calming S!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

@ATXmommas‌ You could make this as part of the theme! I've always wanted to do a rainbow cake!!

https://parade.condenast.com/334610/parade/how-to-make-a-rainbow-layer-cake/

I LOVE the rainbow cake! The cake is definitely one area I will splurge and pay our favorite vegan baker to make. I thought about confetti, but like the rainbow too. Also can't decide between a cake and cupcakes.... Hmm.

• Options
    ATXmommas said:

@ATXmommas‌ You could make this as part of the theme! I've always wanted to do a rainbow cake!!

I LOVE the rainbow cake! The cake is definitely one area I will splurge and pay our favorite vegan baker to make. I thought about confetti, but like the rainbow too. Also can't decide between a cake and cupcakes.... Hmm.

I think having a smaller cake as a centerpiece is nice but having both large and mini cupcakes on the side is practical. You could do a rainbow cake with confetti cupcakes!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

ATXmommas said:

I think having a smaller cake as a centerpiece is nice but having both large and mini cupcakes on the side is practical. You could do a rainbow cake with confetti cupcakes!

I love that cake! And I agree a small smash cake and then cupcakes is more practical.... It seems like now a days not everyone is into cake anyway. So having the cupcake option makes it easier to ensure you're not going to have a ton of cake leftover and nothing to do with it (don't get me wrong, I love cake, but I don't need a humongous leftover cake sitting around my house lol... But that's just me!)

• Options
    1. I don't know that I can think of 10 things today, and, if I do, it's totally all going to be rambling!!

2. Our upcoming insemination is on my mind nonstop now that it's so close. I'm really hoping for us to be a BFP in a few weeks. I want it so bad but I've been burned so many times that I hate getting excited about it and getting my hopes up just to end up with a negative at the end. I hate to be pessimistic about it, but it's hard not to be when you've been at it this long!

3. Found out the other day that yet another coworker just found out she's pregnant and I can't help but feel frustrated about not being jumping up and down happy for her....

4. I'm feeling slightly behind at work right now. I'm not really but I'm usually ahead or at least caught up with everything. And right now I feel like we have a lot of little stuff that needs to get done this week, but we haven't had time to do it (I know it's only Tuesday but today is our usual prep day and we didn't get that time today so I worry that we won't get it this week so we can work on stuff)

5. I am loving this weather and wish it would stay like this. It's slightly chilly in the mornings but by the afternoon it's wonderful!

6. My workout routine has been screwed up because I have to work later on Mondays and Tuesdays for the next twelve weeks. I need to at least take the dog for a walk when I can to try and make up for it.

7. This is totally off subject and random but for those of you that BF and plan on starting daycare when you go back to work, have you or when do you plan to start introducing a bottle? We have a couple of new babies in the infant room next to us whose moms EBF and kind of just dropped them off and was like, "sorry she's never had a bottle, hopefully she'll eat for you!" and it's been a struggle for my coworkers who are trying to feed a baby who wants nothing but her mom. Not being a parent yet, I can't imagine starting my child in daycare without making sure they were eating from a bottle just as efficiently as the breast. Just curious on your opinions about that.

8. I wish I had some chapstick.... I woke up with cracked lips and forgot to throw some in my work bag.

9. Sigh an hour for lunch just isn't enough. At least it's nap time so fingers crossed they'll all sleep for a while and I can get a lot of stuff done in the next hour!

10. Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
  • Options
    1. My wife has been texting me today that she can feel and see the tops of Will’s two bottom teeth poking through the gums!!! I can’t wait to get home and see! She tried to take a pic to send me, but apparently it didn’t work out well HAHA.

2. I have never been much of a blog follower, but there are three blogs that I now read daily. I think I am addicted.

3. I decided not to weigh myself this Saturday as a way to reclaim emotional control over my current weight loss struggles. I seem to be having a really hard time making the scale move, but I am definitely losing inches because clothes are fitting better. I am trying to find a balance between remaining motivated and accountable, while not obsessing and being too hard on myself. It is a work in progress.

4. Thanks to this week’s parenting thread, I have a renewed desire to win the lottery. Maybe if I actually played once in a while that would increase my chances…

5. I think my closest work friend is mad at me, and I don’t know why. She is being very cold, abrupt and honestly rude to me, but seems fine with everyone else. This started yesterday seemingly out of the blue. I have tried to ask what is wrong, but she is basically ignoring me. It is super childish and not professional, and surprises me coming from her. Right now I am ignoring it because I am busy and just don’t have time for silliness, but eventually (soon) I am going to have to address it… it really bums me out. I am super non-confrontational. Blah!

6. @ATXMommas – I am definitely in favor of a new Wednesday thread, but I don’t really have any inspired ideas. I think we just have yet to find a topic that is a big winner and that is why they keep fizzling out…

7. Also, now I want cakes. Thanks, guys. J

8. I have been having a lot of neck pain. I think a lot of it has to do with how I am sleeping at night. I think a new mattress would do wonders, but that is not going to happen right now.

9. It feels like I have been back at work forever. Actually, it feels like I never left. My little 7 week maternity leave kind of feels like it never even happened.

10. I have not one, but TWO random pop songs from the radio stuck in my head at the moment. I just keep replaying one line of the chorus of each song in my head. So annoying. I think I need a white noise machine at work. To be zen. Pretty sure that would not be well received.

• Options
    7. This is totally off subject and random but for those of you that BF and plan on starting daycare when you go back to work, have you or when do you plan to start introducing a bottle? We have a couple of new babies in the infant room next to us whose moms EBF and kind of just dropped them off and was like, "sorry she's never had a bottle, hopefully she'll eat for you!" and it's been a struggle for my coworkers who are trying to feed a baby who wants nothing but her mom. Not being a parent yet, I can't imagine starting my child in daycare without making sure they were eating from a bottle just as efficiently as the breast. Just curious on your opinions about that.

Ugh, stuck in the box again!!!

Anyway, that strikes me as irresponsible and inconsiderate.  It's not like it was a surprise the baby was going to be starting daycare...get her ready for it!!!  Aside from that, I feel like I kept reading you should start bottles between 3-8 weeks if you ever plan to bottle feed them because before that it will confuse them and after that, they just will never want to take it.  Most babies seem to be home that long, so they should have intro'd it already anyway.  I know someone who EBF her daughter, who is now 1, and didn't intro a bottle early bc she wasn't going to be going to daycare.  Well, she would never take one because they tried too late, and this woman has not been able to be away from her daughter for more than 2 hours for the entire first year of her life.  Totally exhausting.

I feel for you and your co-workers!  That mom is nuts.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    1. J left for another work trip for the rest of the week. I'm not working tomorrow (or maybe will do half days tomorrow and thursday) so that it isn't as hard as it was last time.

2. M had a weird day yesterday, he fell asleep at 6:30 ish and slept till 11 and then didn't want to go back to sleep. I had a loooong night and am exhausted. Add to #1 it's going to be a long rest of the week I think.

3. Our cloth diapers are finally fixed and back on the bum. I missed them and I think M did too. :)

4. I have to actively keep myself from buying more diapers, because they are so cute. I just remind myself that I would rather stay home than buy diapers. It works most of the time.

5. I really don't like my dad's gf. I have tried and tried, but I just don't like her. M and I visited them on Saturday morning and she is just not nice to my dad and had weird mannerisms that annoy me. J and I had a funny moment last week and said what would my step-mom do if she were alive? She was the most honest person ever, she didn't care if you liked what she said, she said it anyway. We had a good laugh about channeling our inner Kathie and telling new gf what we think of her. 

6. I could never really do it, but I do wonder if my dad ever wonders if she would like/approve of his new gf or not. 

7. I was able to talk to my dad about getting started on our dining room table. The green and yellow one we painted for the short term really isn't matching our orange dining room. :/ I think we have a plan now, so we just need to buy some wood and get moving on it before it gets too cold. 

8. I think my sister is overfeeding M. She always runs out of mik before I get there and the nanny/friend that watches him always has left over milk. It's stressing me out because I am struggling to keep up. @ATXmommas, Ash was/is a little guy, do you remember how much he was eating while at daycare when he was 3 months old? 

9. I hate pumping, like really hate it. Ugh. I understand now the countdown to a year posts I've seen. 

10. Made it to 10 on my pump break, it's a miracle. I have so much to do the rest of the day. I hope I can get it down in 3 hours, eek. It looks like I might be doing two half days after all. 

• Options
    StacyLH24 said:
    10. I'm amazed that I still haven't P'dOAS. My wanting to know is starting to outweigh not wanting to know.

For whatever it is worth, the only cycle that I never did POAS was the cycle that I got pregnant. In fact (little known fact), I never did POAS at all when I was pregnant because I was afraid I was going to jinx it. I wanted for beta, and then decided not to POAS just to have the positive test because I was afraid I would obsess over the darkness of the line. Anywayyyyy, I try not to be superstitious, but I don't think I will ever POAS again ever. I am firmly planted in team "Wait for Beta!"

With that being said, whenever you decide to start peeing on things, go for it if that is what you really want to do and we will all be anxiously waiting to see pics of those beautiful lines!!!

I too have a really good feeling for you this cycle. I haven't wanted to say anything because I know you have been through a lot of heartache and frustration up to this point, and the last thing you need is to be managing other people's expectations in addition to your own.

Just know that while you are remaining cautious, I am over here very excited for you. I hope more than anything that we will all be celebrating your BFP SOON!

• Options
    @KH826‌ - I talked to a coworker today who has been to the local MOM sale. She suggested to go early, but said she has found good deals. I'm going to give it a shot. I hope it's better than the one you went to - I don't have a lot of patience for digging. I'll report back next week!

@mallory4284‌ - regarding #7, we introduced at 3 weeks with no problems. And have him a bottle about every 2 days to keep him accustomed to it. I agree with B&C - not cool of mom to do that.

@redrockmama‌ - I always followed the ounce per hour of separation rule (or up to 1.25oz/hour if sleeping long stretches at night). So count between the last time you nurse him before work and when you nurse him upon return. For us that meant 3 3.5oz bottles fed about 3 hours apart.

You may try smaller, more frequent bottles - or just talk to your sister about paced feeding since whatever your nanny is doing is working.

Also, an interesting thing about breast milk is that the content of the milk continues to change to adapt to your growing baby. The longer you breastfeed, the fattier and more caloric it becomes, so the amount your baby needs remains the same (other than growth spurts) throughout the first year. I think this is amazing! So, Ash continued to get 10.5oz for 10.5 hours of separation up until the past month. Now, he gets about 9oz because I'm pumping less and he is a hearty eater. :)

Hope this helps!
  • Options

1.  Thinking of @Rkbo, K, and Amelia today.  Glad family is safe and hoping for an uneventful NICU stay for little Amelia and a fast recovery for @Rkbo

2.  Hearing about others who are PROMing or PPROMing makes me that much more anxious to make it to viability and beyond. 

3. I started this TTT at 9 am and finally sitting down to finish it at 7pm

4.  I am so annoyed with R right now our dog Oliver gets into any food left unattended.  She had a sub for lunch and left all the trash on the coffee table and left to go bowling I came home to a mess!

5.  I think sometimes I may feel the baby move but I heard early movements feel like flutters and these def. feel like kicks and are normally on the same side.

6.  I love all the activity and new faces in the TTC check-in but am looking forward to everyone joining us in the pregnancy check-in because that thread is so quiet on Monday's.

7.  Trying to get signed up to take my HIS MA licensing exam and I have been getting the complete run around.  The two phone numbers listed on the original apprentice license are both now out of service.  Come on MA pick up the ball on this one!!!

8.  I had a cheese and mustard sandwich for dinner and am still hungry but not sure what else to eat and we need to clean the kitchen in order to really cook which I don't feel like doing right now.

9.  I get my second shot in the butt cheek tomorrow other then being itchy afterwards it really wasn't bad.

10.  I am excited for fall TV to come back.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    1. My full thoughts are with @rkbo ! As our due date buddies we know how scary this whole ordeal has been. Little baby Amelia was just ready to me her entrance!

2. We close on our house next week... Ahhhhh!!!

3. Our nieces birthday is Thursday.

4. Our loss due date is tomorrow... And I am feeling overwhelmed and sad, but grateful for our sticky baby... And that is all a cycle of guilt and feeling of blessing.

5. This Sunday our friends are throwing is a tie dye/rainbow party. Instead of a shower, our local friends are all getting white baby things to tie dye! Foods will be all colorful fruits and veggies... And I have heard there may be rainbow cake!

6. We are going to the Ohio State/Cincy game this weekend and I am excited, but nervous my feet will be wrecked after the mile walk to the stadium...

7. I am terrified we are going to have to get rid of our dogs... And it is tearing up my heart.

8. We have finally started thinking about pediatricians... And the one we love have a membership fee. We are going to meet with them and see if we love them enough to pay the annual dues.

9. We found some new furniture for our house. We sat in some heated massage chairs and I want them in my life immediately.

10. I am tired of packing. I will be so happy when we are moved and settled!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
     We have finally started thinking about pediatricians... And the one we love have a membership fee. We are going to meet with them and see if we love them enough to pay the annual dues.
    What?!?  I've never heard of that.  Anyone else?
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options

9. We binge watched The Fosters the last several weeks and I love the show for so many reasons!
    10. I'm in need of new TV series to watch, any Netflix recommendations???

First off, wth about your boss! That's insanely uncool! If be so mad.... But taut being said, if that ever happened to me I would never be able to confront them about it and would probably just be silently livid about it until I got over it. But that sucks!

And J and I are addicted to The Fosters (and Switched at Birth)! I won't go into details about it because if you're watching it on Netflix, I don't know what you've seen, and I don't want to spoil anything.... But it's addicting to watch. Can't wait for it to come back on!

Not sure on Netflix suggestions. Apparently Gilmore Girls is coming in Oct (the whole series and that's one of the few shows ive literally seen every single episode of!) I love that show. I'm not sure what shows are available, but I got into Bates Motel for awhile. And there's always Greys Anatomy....
  • Options

We have finally started thinking about pediatricians... And the one we love have a membership fee. We are going to meet with them and see if we love them enough to pay the annual dues.
    Yes, @doodah1013, tell us more about this! What do you get for the 'fee'??

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

I haven't either, but a friend posted something on FB recently to promote business for her friend who is now practicing "concierge" medicine. Doesn't accept insurance, but I'm sure the fee is ginormous!
  • Options

9. We binge watched The Fosters the last several weeks and I love the show for so many reasons!

First off, wth about your boss! That's insanely uncool! If be so mad.... But taut being said, if that ever happened to me I would never be able to confront them about it and would probably just be silently livid about it until I got over it. But that sucks!

And J and I are addicted to The Fosters (and Switched at Birth)! I won't go into details about it because if you're watching it on Netflix, I don't know what you've seen, and I don't want to spoil anything.... But it's addicting to watch. Can't wait for it to come back on!

Not sure on Netflix suggestions. Apparently Gilmore Girls is coming in Oct (the whole series and that's one of the few shows ive literally seen every single episode of!) I love that show. I'm not sure what shows are available, but I got into Bates Motel for awhile. And there's always Greys Anatomy....

Agree. Also, Scandal, Call the Midwife, Parenthood.
  • Options
    ATXmommas said:

Agree. Also, Scandal, Call the Midwife, Parenthood.
    I was going to say Parenthood and forgot! I'm super bummed that this is going to be the last season for it!
  • Options
    @ball.and.chain and @2MamazInSeattle‌ ... The membership fee covers services that aren't current reimbursed to providers via insurance... They provide and on site lactation consultant, and a holistic and integrative approach that combines eastern and western practices... So I guess anything that isn't considered a western practice isn't reimbursed by insurance.

There are several practices popping up around here that require membership fees. I guess the theory is, the membership fee ensures you more one on one time with the Doctor... (Which seems silly because that should be the standard of care... But just isn't any more.)

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    redrockmamaredrockmama member
    edited September 2014
    ATXmommas said:

@KH826‌ - I talked to a coworker today who has been to the local MOM sale. She suggested to go early, but said she has found good deals. I'm going to give it a shot. I hope it's better than the one you went to - I don't have a lot of patience for digging. I'll report back next week!

@mallory4284‌ - regarding #7, we introduced at 3 weeks with no problems. And have him a bottle about every 2 days to keep him accustomed to it. I agree with B&C - not cool of mom to do that.

@redrockmama‌ - I always followed the ounce per hour of separation rule (or up to 1.25oz/hour if sleeping long stretches at night). So count between the last time you nurse him before work and when you nurse him upon return. For us that meant 3 3.5oz bottles fed about 3 hours apart.

You may try smaller, more frequent bottles - or just talk to your sister about paced feeding since whatever your nanny is doing is working.

Also, an interesting thing about breast milk is that the content of the milk continues to change to adapt to your growing baby. The longer you breastfeed, the fattier and more caloric it becomes, so the amount your baby needs remains the same (other than growth spurts) throughout the first year. I think this is amazing! So, Ash continued to get 10.5oz for 10.5 hours of separation up until the past month. Now, he gets about 9oz because I'm pumping less and he is a hearty eater. :)

Hope this helps!

Yes! So very helpful. It's usually about 9 hours from when I nurse him till I get home and I've been leaving 4 3oz bottles, so 12 total. The previous nanny rarely gave him that much and neither does the current one. My sister knows about paced feeding and says she is doing it. He just cries all day and she can't soothe him so I think she resorts to the bottle. J and I just talked about it and are going to have the nanny watch him full time if possible. Thanks for answering. I feel better about it now.

eta: mobile and sleep deprivation make for incomplete sentences/thoughts

• Options
    @doodah1013‌ - interesting! (FYI, LCs are supposed to be covered thanks to Obamacare, so I hope that's not one of the things they are "selling" for the extra fee! Having them on-site is convenient, though).
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    The practice doodah is talking about is one of two well known practices in our area that offer homeopathic, delayed vaccination, alternative options, ect. I think they take advantage of that and charge a fee per child in addition to regular Co pays. We chose to use the other practice, and love it!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"