June 2013 Moms

Need some input about wcm ladies

Sorry ladies that I keep blowing up your bump about this, but I'm getting confused/a little frusterated. We had our dr appt for Joss today, unfortunately, we didn't see our dr, we seen the nurse practitioner. She told me that J shouldn't be on bottles now, she's too old for them and we need to use only sippy cups. No big deal, we just thought she came off a little judgey that we were still giving her a bottle. When we told her about the issues with milk and how she gets super backed up, she told us that we need to give her milk that's watered down, pear and apple juice, and if that didn't work, give her miralax. We were trying to wean her off formula and mix milk with it, but it didn't work. My mil said that we need to try to give her milk with a teaspoon of dark karo mixed in. I have no idea what to do. The bottle switch isn't going to be too bad, but can I still put formula in them? I'm lost here ladies...

Re: Need some input about wcm ladies

• If you prefer to stick with formula, there's no reason you can't put formula in a sippy instead of a bottle. My two cents: we avoided all the typically constipating foods with DD but she was still having a tough time. The thing that finally got her regular was drinking lots of water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok so weird. On mobile, my avatar on this thread is @Cricket81‌
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Thanks ladies for all the advice. She does drink some water, but I think we need to give her more than she's been drinking. Any particular probiotics to try? You ladies rock.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"