October 2012 Moms

Tuesday

Guys this week is dragging already and we're only a day and a half into it.

Today is my "off day" though, so that's exciting. I have a sink full of dishes and a pile of laundry, but I'm spending the morning with my girl. Sort of. I'm Bumping and she's on the couch watching Olaf. But she's content, so I'm content. She can help me with chores later.

This afternoon I need to go buy cake mix and stuff to make frosting.  I am slightly terrified.  I don't DO cake.  Is it wrong for me to just have cupcakes?  I mean, I am REALLY bad at cake decorating, but I can pull off a passable cupcake.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: Tuesday

• @cnana cupcakes are my go to. Way easier than cakes I think, plus you can sneak a cupcake way easier than a piece of cake!  :)

I think I'm coming down with a cold. I just don't feel well today.  Oh well. Also, now that we are starting our transition into the two's room at daycare the director informed me last night that Wesley can't bring his sippy cup anymore because they use cups in the two's room. She said that we can transition him away from it as long as needed though.

• This afternoon we are doing family pics and 2 yr / 6 mo pics of the girls. I am way more stressy about this than I should be. But the last time we had fancy (re: not jc Penney) pics done were C's newborn pics and last time we did family pics was, uh, never. So I want them to be pretty!
  • Loading the player...
  • Um. My 4 year old just started drinking from regular cups when he turned 4. FFFC?
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Excellent, cupcakes it is!

Alice loves to "rinse" after brushing her teeth (she just drinks the water) and does that from a regular cup. But I love the ease of a sippy! Sippy till college!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I have no plans of getting rid of the sippy cup at home. I am not ready to clean up all the mess that I envision with taking them away.  I was a little surprised that daycare doesn't use the sippy cups in the twos classroom but if Wesley still wants the sippy cup the director did say that they will make an exception if needed.

• CnAnACnAnA member
    edited September 2014
    @WanderingStars23‌ that is the best thing about living across the street from a park. It takes 2 minutes to walk over so on these perfect days we just come over here and let the girl run around. Granted she is in flannel lined jeans, a hoodie, and a knit hat today. But still. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • @Luckysquare I think that would be super fun! I'm in!

• @mbm1983 the judge sounds like a winner! Glad he was dismissed and fingers crossed he doesn't have to go back next week!

• @mbm1983‌ Does she know he doesn't drive too? Is that an excuse at all?

• @mbm1983 its a shame he couldn't use his missing teeth as an excuse, that would rank up there with the vacation for two weeks out! I am in shock that worked.

• It is glorious and sunny outside...and my kid is being a hateful punk. Im not sure if she's just extra sleepy or doesn't feel gopd or what. But im not taking her to the park when she can't even listen in her own home, kwim? She is chilling in her room now, and im hoping she takes another nap.

Oct Angel Babies
  • DS1 is a whiny mess so I put him to bed early. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass later. E took a 3.5 hour nap so he's going to bed on the later side tonight.

• I got outsmarted by a 2 year old. Oooh she is a clever little monkey. Laid her down for a nap and turned off the light. I heard rustling around so I came in. She had the curtain open was was headed to her shelf. I asked what was going on. She looked very pleased with herself and said "book!" Then sat down to read. She opened the curtain because it was too dark to read.

Oct Angel Babies
  • mbm1983 said:

if you do an ornament exchange with me, just know you have a bedazzled pee stick coming your way! ;)

If I hung that up on my tree can I tell you dh would shit a brick.

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • But yes I am in this year. Ornament exchange here I come.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • This is a travesty. I am out of chopped nuts and sprinkles to put on my ice cream. How am I supposed to eat it now??

Oct Angel Babies
  • @cmarie79 last year we did an Elfster exchange with like a $15 limit or something, plus shipping. It's ornaments/decorations. Just something cute. I got a flamingo and a "florida snowman" (snowglobe with mini coal/carrot/top hat floating in it) from my bumpie last year. Obviously she lived in florida. ;)

Oct Angel Babies
  • Count me in!
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"