Stay at Home Moms

Do you dress cute anymore?

Me- not so much. Today I am wearing jeans, an old navy pullover and my merrells. Not too interesting. Most days I come home and put on PJ pants too.

DH got me these killer black boots for Christmas and I am debating keeping them because I know I'll never wear them.... sigh...

Anyways, what do you wear on a daily basis?

Re: Do you dress cute anymore?

• If I manage to put jeans on I consider myself dressed up :)

I wear yoga-type sweatpants most of the time, and these beat up tank tops that DH hates...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dress like I did when I was working, which is very casual. Jeans or casual khakis in winter, capris in summer. However, I must buy a pair of respectable shoes that are not flipflops or tennies. I have gone to several events lately in tennies, which is not OK, even in my casual book!
  • Loading the player...
  • fancy - no, not usually!

cute - sure!  I just wear comfy clothes that match when I'm at home, like fitted sweats and a shirt or yoga pants or leggings or something.  I don't leave the house in sweats, though.

• I try to dress semi-cute.  Usually jeans a cute top.  It's very casual but it keeps me from feeling frumpy.
  • Most days I wear cute sweats or yoga pants and nursing tanks. I do miss getting dressed up for work though, so when I leave the house I always dress nice, even if I am just going to the grocery store or the bank.
  • imagebrightning:
    I dress like I did when I was working, which is very casual. Jeans or casual khakis in winter, capris in summer.

Ditto brighning! 

• I "ditto" on the jeans and a tee shirt for my regular wardrobe.  And I struggle with feeling "un-cute" all the time.  So, I made myself a deal that I would buy tee-shirts with some kind of interest -- like a v neck, or a print.  Makes me feel not so frumpy.

I can't wait to drop the rest of this baby weight and fit back into some other clothes.  It'll feel like I have a whole new wardrobe!

• since i still haven't lost all the baby weight and can't fit into my old size 4 clothes yet (not even close) i mostly wear yoga pants and nursing tanks or t-shirts.
  • Yes.  I do it for myself and for DH.  During the weekday it may be a bit more relaxed casual---but still cute! :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• I don't dress fancy, but I like to think my clothes are semi-cute. I tend to wear skirts and sundresses most of the year (I live in FL), so it appears I put some effort into my outfit. But the real reason I wear them is because they keep me cool, and because throwing on a sundress is easier than trying to come up with an outfit. lol
    Hawaii
  • Most days i don't change out of my pajamas.
  • No lie, y'all....most days, I look a hot a$$ mess. ?Usually just jeans and a V-neck tee from Old Navy or the Gap. ?I don't have hardly any dress up clothes and when we go to Mass, I'm struggling to find something to wear. ?I really need to update the closet. ?For the record, I do comb my hair, put in my contacts and smear on a little clear, shiny lip balm! :)?
  • I try to - it's just jeans/capris/shorts and long-sleeved t-shirt/t-shirt, but I try for it to be a nicer t-shirt.  I have banned most of the crappy baggy t-shirts from my everyday wardrobe, so in my book fitted t-shirts or sweaters counts as cute.

But merrels or clogs are my winter footwear and merrells or birkenstocks are my summer footwear when I stay home. I might slip on some flats or loafers when I go out if I'm trying to spiff it up a little more, but DH has never noticed what's on my feet and could care less (the non-baggy t-shirts are more noticeable to him)

- Jena
  • Daily, I usually wear workout pants & a sweatshirt.  On days I'm feeling good, its a pair of jeans! If I'm actually going out for most of the day shopping or whatever, I will wear a nice sweater & jeans!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm usually in pjs until about noon and then it's jeans and a nice top.
  • I never really dressed "cute" even when I had a job.  I'm just not a clothes-hound, and I loathe shopping for clothes.  Most days it's jeans and a tshirt around here.
  • I would if I fit in any of my cute clothes. I'm still stuck with about 10 pounds of pregnancy weight. I don't want to spend money on the size I am right now. I usually wear yoga pants/sweats, nursing tanks and a zip up hoodie around the house. If I am going out I will wear jeans and a nice top.
  • imageali-1411:

If I manage to put jeans on I consider myself dressed up :)

I wear yoga-type sweatpants most of the time, and these beat up tank tops that DH hates...

ditto!!

• I try to.  It's not fancy or anything, but I try to look put together with hair brushed, makeup and clothes that go together.
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • d.fd.f member
    Yoga style sweats and a T-shirt or nursing tank/bra are my norm.  At least 1 days a week I'm still in my nursing sleep bra when DH gets home.  I do put on make up at least 3-4 days a week though.

DS 09/2008

• I was just talking to my mom about how I hate that I have been dressing so frumpy!! Before kids, I'd wear cute sweaters, tops and shoes with jeans. Now its my t-shirts, sweatshirs with uggs or running shoes. Such a change!! My goal is to start spiffing it up when I leave the house.

Now, if I go out with DH or with the gals I get dressed up and its like night and day! I feel better too but I just don't seem to have time for all that every day. I'd rather be playing with my kids or doing things around the house. Seems like a waste to spend an hour and a half getting ready....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"