Special Needs

Evaluation results

Hi, it's me again with update to the evaluation results. The center that did the evals sent me the report minus the classroom observation for our 3 year old. If anyone has any input on what they think results are pointing to that would be great. It's all pretty technical and I'm not sure exactly what we need to qualify for services.
I think the easiest thing is to screen shot the pages as long as no personal info on them. Is that ok?
                                                 imageimage
                                    Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                     Lilypie - (aqIx)

Re: Evaluation results

• Ugh forget it, everything has his name. I will try and give the results that I think are important.

Cognitive Weschler Preschool and Primary Scale of intelligence
    Full Scale IQ 138
    Verbal Comprehension 132
    Visual Spatial 141
    Working Memory 116

Vineland Adaptive behavior everything came out adequate except communication domain that was moderately high

Achenbach everything non clinical except attention which was clinically significant

DSM-5
    Everything non clinical except external which was borderline clinical

Fine Motor he was -1.60
    Sensory Status
    sensory seeking probable difference
    Oral sensory probable difference
    Inattention definite difference
    Auditory definite difference
    Vestibular probable difference
    Touch probable difference
    Multi sensory probable difference
    Modulation
    Related to body position probable difference
    Sensory input affecting activity level probable difference
    Visual input affecting emotional response definite difference

Everything else was typical performance

Physical therapy he scored -1.60 mostly for strength issues

My take away looks like he's got sensory and attention issues. His cognitive scores were pretty high so I'm not sure how this will affect everything.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Princess_LilyPrincess_Lily member
    edited September 2014
    Is this a full psychololgical eval ?

At the back there isn't info like a breakdown of a DX? Like the word "axis" or something.
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Is this a full psychololgical eval ?

At the back there isn't info like a breakdown of a DX? Like the word "axis" or something.

This is through school district, I haven't gone to the meeting yet which is Oct. 1 they won't tell me anything other than this until meeting. He also had an FBA which isn't included yet. I don't have any DX, I don't even know if they will give me one until I see a dev pedi. We haven't done that yet.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Oh, I'm not familiar with educational evals. Looks like sensory & attention is standing out though, yes.

This looks like an OT eval to me.

Here, schools evaluate for LDs, psychological as well as speech. I see some communication scores on the review, but not a psych workup which would have behavior too.
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He didn't have speech/language done because we felt he was pretty good with that. The FBA might be the psych work up? The psych went into the classroom to observe his behaviors.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • @-auntie-‌ thanks for your insight! There was a part where the pysch mentioned the large difference in the IQ subset so I'm glad you explained what that meant.
    The psych who went in for his FBA seemed really great on the phonewhen I spoke to her. She talked to me for at least 45 mins before she went to observe so I hope this means she can come up with a good BIP too!
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • We too had similar results with the working memory being low in relation to full scale iq. I'm surprised no fluid reasoning index? Our DD's were similar to your sons but the fluid reasoning was super high, so it pushed the average up. I don't believe there is a age limit on the fluid reasoning. From what we were told the high fluid reasoning can cause some odd behaviours. It's the "think outside the box" and deductive and inductive reasoning aspect of intelligence. But my daughter also had the BASC in addition to Vineland and was diagnosed with ASD. Maybe a full eval is in order?
  • We too had similar results with the working memory being low in relation to full scale iq. I'm surprised no fluid reasoning index? Our DD's were similar to your sons but the fluid reasoning was super high, so it pushed the average up. I don't believe there is a age limit on the fluid reasoning. From what we were told the high fluid reasoning can cause some odd behaviours. It's the "think outside the box" and deductive and inductive reasoning aspect of intelligence. But my daughter also had the BASC in addition to Vineland and was diagnosed with ASD. Maybe a full eval is in order?

I called developmental pedi today. They have sent me a ton of forms to fill out and send back. They can't see us till March/April. I don't see anything mentioning fluid reasoning. How old was your daughter when tested?
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • The fluid reasoning is a subtest in the weschler iq test. Maybe he had it but it wasn't mentioned. It's odd about the lower working memory. Our tester basically said it points to autism, those highs and lows. And it's not your sons is low, just low in comparison.
  • I just looked up that the fluid reasoning is done a little older.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Okay that makes sense then. I would just keep it in mind. He may be an outside of the box thinker lol. I still am confused about working memory, even the team who assessed her was confused as it's usually tied to fluid reasoning. There are some neat working memory apps that are fun for kids. But again, it's not like his score was low, it's just his others are high lol! Do you find his processing time is slow? We realize this is the case for DD.
  • Okay that makes sense then. I would just keep it in mind. He may be an outside of the box thinker lol. I still am confused about working memory, even the team who assessed her was confused as it's usually tied to fluid reasoning. There are some neat working memory apps that are fun for kids. But again, it's not like his score was low, it's just his others are high lol! Do you find his processing time is slow? We realize this is the case for DD.

Honestly, during that part of the evaluation it was last and he was losing his attention. I'm not sure if he was being uncooperative or what. His patience was running out for sure.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"