Late Term and Child Loss

PgAL check in 9/19

Good Morning ladies and happy Friday!

I hope everyone has been doing well this week!  Every week that passes is a wonderful milestone. Feel free to post any questions you may have.

How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Infant Loss Remembrance Day is coming up in October.  Are you planning on doing anything special that day?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Re: PgAL check in 9/19

• How far along are you? 16 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Alfa fetoprotein testing today or ealry next week!  So far, all screening has come back with terrific results!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Eh. Food is okay. I really like popsicles this week. 

QOTW: Infant Loss Remembrance Day is coming up in October.  Are you planning on doing anything special that day? We are going to ask all our friends and family to light a candle for them that day and send us a picture of it for the boys' scrapbooks. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? WHEN are we finally going to announce this pregnancy?!  I kept saying we would wait until 24 weeks, but I dont know how I can wait 8 more weeks. I'm going to look like an orca whale by then!
  • @ikrystal I was wondering if you had told people yet. I know for me it was actually easier to keep it a secret after a while. I had gotten used to not telling people. Whenever you decide will be fine. People might have suspicions before that, but that's ok.

How far along are you? 9 weeks 5 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Second OB appointment is on Wednesday. No ultrasound this time so it should be a quick appointment.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I was feeling better the end of last week and now I'm starting to feel sicker again. It's still not all day like it was so I'm grateful for that. Now I'm also hungry a lot and want to eat all the food all the time. Of course what I want to eat is not healthy at all, but I'm trying not to give in to the cravings for junk too often.

QOTW: Infant Loss Remembrance Day is coming up in October.  Are you planning on doing anything special that day? I don't think that we will do anything special on the 15th, but our hospital grief group is having a walk and remembrance ceremony on the Sunday before. We are planning on going to that. We will probably invite family. Who knows if they will come.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I need to decide if I want to do the screening tests. I kind of want to, but really only to find out if this baby is a boy or girl since otherwise I have to wait until sometime in December. That's not really a good reason to do the test. And if anything comes up unusual then they will do more invasive testing and I really don't want to do any of that for any reason. 
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?   12 weeks tomorrow

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? My first brain scan with my MFM is on Tuesday. I cant wait to see baby and hope he/she is growing good.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?  Still same, fatigue and nausea. I think, knock on wood, maybe possibly its easing up?? Either that or its gearing up to slam me back down in a few days, lol

QOTW: Infant Loss Remembrance Day is coming up in October.  Are you planning on doing anything special that day? My hospital loss group also has a walk. I'm sitting in on the coordinators meeting this week so that next year I can take over one of the coordinators positions that wants to step down. I'll be at the walk itself but not to walk, just to help with set up etc..  On the actual remembrance day we will also have a candle in our window....just have to remember with my pregnancy brain , to push back the curtains!

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Finding clothes that fit that aren't crazy expensive. When you cant even afford to buy at Old Navy, you have a problem, lol 
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Hi ladies

How far along are you? 10 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?
    I see my OB on Thursday, for the first time yay and will be getting another ultrasound. I'll also be talking to her about the stupid nurse we met with who didn't bother to read my file before meeting with us, and showed no sympathy and made excuses for why she didn't know my information.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?
    very tired, peeing soooo much, lots of gagging/dry heaving. Aversions to anything that smells slightly off/old. Not really interested in a lot of meat. I am totally still craving canned green beans, milk and OJ.

QOTW: Infant Loss Remembrance Day is coming up in October.  Are you planning on doing anything special that day?
    My local loss group has a memorial walk on Oct. 4th. We're raising money for a memorial in a local cemetery.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
    I just have a lot going on....being pregnant after loss, my Mom's cancer diagnosis (starting chemo tomorrow) and work has been intense.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• dadalou I think it is great that your hospital is doing a walk.  I think many of them do , and I love that.  I hope that family members come with you. I know it is incredibly hard waiting for that gender scan! I also hope that you start to feel better soon- I have that same thing, where I felt better for a little bit but now I'm sick again.  It sucks. You've only got a few more weeks until second trimester, so maybe you will start to feel better again soon.

kflynn81 Shopping for maternity clothes SUCKS.  They hike up the prices for pregnancy women.  With the boys, I started to settle into Tim's shirts.  It was free, even though it was really not that attractive. I think it's great you are planning on taking over a coordinator position!  Sounds like something you would be good at. Good luck on Tuesday!

shandorfml2 yay for the first OB appointment!  I had a nurse that didn't read my file either and kept asking me stupid questions and I was furious (right down to if my boys were a miscarriage or an abortion, as if there were no other choices).  I really hope that you never have to see that nurse again, or she apologizes.  I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  My mom was also diagnosed shortly after our twins passed away.  I know how hard it is to juggle a loss, a new pregnancy, and the devastating news of your mom.  Please let me know if you ever need to talk. 
  • @kflynn81 Maternity clothes are expensive and usually not terribly good quality. I have gotten most of my maternity clothes from resale shops. Most kid's resale shops have a maternity section. I have also found then at Goodwill, Salvation Army, garage sales, Freecycle, etc.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• I found some reasonable maternity pants at target
    @ikrystal‌ thanks for the support :)

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• How far along are you? 16w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Nope

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Not really, I've definitely gotten my appetite back though! 

QOTW: Infant Loss Remembrance Day is coming up in October.  Are you planning on doing anything special that day? Not on that day, but on October 4th we are attending a walk put on by a local infant and pregnancy loss group that I am a part of.   

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'd really like to start feeling this baby girl more!  I have no reason to think anything is wrong, but of course, like every other PgAL mama, I have my doubts from time to time.  I felt her kick last week (!), but haven't felt much since then.  My next ultrasound isn't for 2.5 weeks, so it would be nice to feel some more movement!

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• ikrystal : I hope your testing goes well!  And I can't imagine waiting until 24 weeks, I have been hugesly showing for ages, there is no way I could hide it!  But I definitely think you should keep it to yourself until you feel comfortable.  People can speculate all they want, but hopefully they know better than to ask.

dadalou : Can you just do the Jack and Jill (gender) test? Or do you have to do the entire screening?

kflynn81 : I've heard that Goodwill is a great place to find maternity clothes, you might want to check that out.

shandorfml2: I'm so sorry about your mom's diagnosis.  How did her first chemo treatment go?           

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• branders74branders74 member
    edited September 2014

Pregnancy Ticker
    #1 DS Tanner Ray 10/13/1998
    #2 Natural M/C 03/2014
    #3 DS Beckett Jameson 05/14/2015
    #4 EDD 05/12/2017
  • I'm sorry I've been such a bad bumpie lately and am so late to the check in!

How far along are you? 12 weeks 2 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Had an ultrasound today, everything looks good! Next appointment in 3 weeks. They drew blood for the Progenity screening two weeks ago so results from that should be in any minute. I am on pins and needles hoping for good news there, and to find out gender!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? More of the same. Sometimes food is good, sometimes not.  

QOTW: Infant Loss Remembrance Day is coming up in October.  Are you planning on doing anything special that day? No plans at this point. I known it's not the intention, but the day doesn't feel geared toward a loss like mine. I don't know, when people talk about it it seems to be about stillborn or newborn loss. So I don't know if we'll do anything or not.  

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? We got through last week. Lincoln's first birthday was last Tuesday and we did all right. It was a really tough week. Also, for some reason after this ultrasound today I finally got excited about this baby. Being excited is so much fun, and such a relief. I've been feeling bad for this poor baby, it's had nothing but a nervous, anxious mommy so far.
  • erinel I have the same issue!  I felt our baby move last week for a few days, but haven't felt much since.  It's early for both of us still, so I'm sure its nothing to worry about.  I hope you feel your little one again soon! And so great that you have your appetite back!

• @erinel  went well, so far so good

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board