School-Aged Children
Options

Gift for 6 year old tomboy?

DS was invited to his neighbour friends bday party. She is turning 6 and is very much a tomboy. She's outside constantly riding her bike and scooter and basically all of her friends are boys. DS just started playing with her sporadically over the summer so I don't know much else about her. All ideas I come up with don't feel quite right for her. Any ideas??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gift for 6 year old tomboy?

• Options
    Stomp rocket. Bug collection kit. Walkie talkies. Airzooka. Floam. Kinetic sand. I'll keep thinking...
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    Riding bikes and scooters makes her a tom boy? I gotta say your post really rubs me the wrong way. buy her what every six year old kid likes, a fun game or puzzle are my go to ideas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Riding bikes and scooters makes her a tom boy? I gotta say your post really rubs me the wrong way. buy her what every six year old kid likes, a fun game or puzzle are my go to ideas.

Nope, it doesn't. I mentioned that because it's the only thing for sure that I know she likes and that she does a lot of. The "tomboy" classification is based on her telling me she doesn't like "girly things" - her words, not mine. She doesn't play with dolls or like any kind of pink / princess themed stuff.

Sorry it rubs you the wrong way though. I'm just looking for some unique toys or games that she may not already have (she has 2 older brothers).

• Options
    neverblushedneverblushed member
    edited September 2014
    Books, craft kits, science kits, games, playmobil sets, legos.

My DD has never been into pink or princesses, but she's not a tomboy either.  Her favorite toys were ones that would be appealing to both girls and boys. 

At around age 6, we got her a playmobil set that was a big pirate treasure chest.  This has been one of our house's most played-with toys.  Playmobils are great for 6 year olds!  They have a lot of sets that aren't aimed at a particular gender.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"