Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How long should a Growth Spurt last?

My LO started on his first growth spurt last Sunday, everything I read says to expect it to last 2-3 days. We are now on day 8, and I don't know how much longer I can take the hourly feelings and 30 min blocks of sleep! Has anyone else experienced a growth spurt lasting this long? Please tell me there is hope!

Re: How long should a Growth Spurt last?

• Options
    They are all different. Most of DD growth spurts last 1-2 days but we are just over a week now for the 3 mth one. Luckily she is still sleeping at night but during the day she is cranky & hungry & sleepy all the time. Your LO will get through it soon!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• Options
    Thank you for your input!  I think we are finally getting to the end.  Last night was so much better.  He had 2  3-hour stretches of sleep and fell back asleep right away.  Today he seems a lot less cranky. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lo started her 3 mo growth spurt about one week ago. She is sleeping at night but during the day she is having these marathon nursings lasting 30-40 minutes and doesn't want to nap which makes her super grumpy. Hopefully she goes back to her normal self soon! lol!
  • Options
    starmile said:

Kellymom says usually 2-3 days but sometimes a week. Hang in there mama! https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurts/
    But as always, if you're concerned, call your pedi.

Thank you for this site!!! I love it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"