January 2013 Moms

Not sleeping after 1am

For the past 4-5 nights DD has woken up at 1am and refused to go back to sleep. She will stand in her crib and scream for us to come in, and if we do she wants to get up and play. She will literally continue until morning, screaming the whole time, until we get her up at 6. We really try to limit going in there at all, but if we do we keep the lights off and try to shush her back to sleep without talking much. By the time we get her up we're both exhausted, and she's as chipper as can be, as if she's just slept 12 hours straight.

What is going on?? She obviously needs more sleep than this, and so do we!

Re: Not sleeping after 1am

• Ugh, sounds developmental. DD hadabout a week of this recently. She didn't call for us as much as your little one seems to but every night she would wake up raring to go for a few hours. It drive us insane. But just like that it stopped. I was so worried about her lack of sleep! But except for some crabby evenings she did ok. God luck mama!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This week DS wakes up between 1 and 3, cries and won't go back to sleep. I change his diaper and give him a drink. Then I get a blanket and pillow and lay on the floor while he half-heartedly plays with a car or something (in the dark) and he eventually lays down next to me and falls back asleep. This takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"