March 2015 Moms
Options

Movements

I found out that my placenta is located in the front of the baby, which they told me that I may not feel the baby move as soon as others do:( I am really looking forward to feeling that first little flutter, did anyone have this with other preg and if so what week did you feel ur little one for the first time? I am getting ready to move into my 15th week and heard that you can start feeling them soon after....I guess everyone's different but just checking! This is my first so everything is so exciting!!! Thanks;)

Re: Movements

• Options
    I didn't feel anything with my first until 18-19 weeks, and the same with my second, maybe slightly earlier. And that was with a posterior placenta. I've heard that you may not feel the flutters with an anterior placenta but will instead go straight to actual kicks. It may delay things a couple weeks but you'll still feel things.
  • Options
    Minus the AP part, I've been wanting to ask this! Following thread...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks with our first and am still eagerly awaiting that first flutter. Doctor hasn't mentioned an AP, so don't think that's an issue.

Here's to crossing our fingers and hoping we feel our sweet babes soon!
  • Options
    Im 16w1d and felt the first kicks today! My first flutter was last week. I found out today as well that I have anterior placenta. I was reading about it online and several other women said they felt movement as early as 16-18 weeks. It was simply lighter than "normal" and the kicks they could feel were always low because of the positioning of the placenta. Makes sense. Doesnt seem like anything to stress over, you'll feel the baby soon enough. I wasn't even expecting to feel kicks until 18 weeks to begin with.
  • Options
    FTM here but a friend who also has an anterior placenta was just telling me that while she is able to feel the kicks of the baby (which started for her around 20 weeks) at 29 weeks her husband has still not been able to feel anything bc the kicks are so deep.

I'm sure you will feel your LO soon!
  • Options
    With my first it was 22 weeks. In my journal I described it as feeling like a twitch or spasm.

#1 BFP 11/6/12 EDD 07/19/13 Delivered 07/23/13 - Baby boy Everett John

#2 BFP 07/06/14 EDD 03/12/15

• Options
    I'm 18 weeks but haven't felt anythjng string yet... Just wave motions and a lot of ligament stretching. I'm guessing that I should feel something soon...
  • Options
    With my daughter (posterior) I felt my first flutters at 15 weeks. This time, I have an anterior placenta and nothing yet and I'm 17 weeks. I'm a little discouraged and I don't think it's wrong to feel disappointed about it. Movement is something moms look forward to so its natural to be eager to finally feel it. IMO, it's one of the few things I actually enjoy about being pregnant.

My anxiety is terrible until I can regularly feel baby. If it weren't for dopplers I'd end up in the loony bin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"