March 2012 Moms

Naps

K is on strike again with naps- super annoying as I know she still needs them. What time does yours nap from, what time do you put him/her to bed?
Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!

Re: Naps

• I put him down between 12:30 and 1 and he's usually up between 3 and 3:30.  He goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get comfy and chat about his day to himself then he goes to sleep.  I have found that the earlier I get him down for nap, the better he sleeps.  
  • DD is skipping about a nap a week. I think she's getting ready to phase then out. If she wakes up before 7:30, she will nap; if after, no way.

Could K be ready to stop napping? How much sleep is she getting at night?
  • Loading the player...
  • Jane naps at daycare, but she hasn't napped on the weekends in a while.  We decided today that we're going to stop fighting her.  She seems to be doing ok without naps on Saturday and Sunday.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD pretty much quit taking naps during the summer. Now as we have returned to daycare she is forced to lay down and at least do something quietly. However, I too have noticed it is much easier to get her to sleep at night if she doesn't have the nap or if it is earlier in the day. Our new policy is that if she is acting tired we have her lay down, if she goes to sleep great if not its okay as long as she isn't cranky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • He naps from 1-3pm, sometimes 3:30 or sometimes only 2:30. Bedtime is at 8pm and he is up somewhere between 6:30 and 7am.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • DS naps from about 12:30 to 3:00. Wakes up around 7:00 and goes to bed around 9:00 (usually falls asleep after 9:00). I know he'd go to bed sooner if he didn't nap but he is so exhausted in the afternoon when he doesn't nap.
  • He naps anywhere from 1 hour to 3 and a half ..time depends on when he woke up which is anywhere from 8:30 to 10 am  depending on when he goes to bed.  

We try to have him in bed by 9:30-10 at the latest but that doesn't always happen.. the other night he was awake till midnight being a social butterfly... we had been out and hoped he would fall asleep on the ride home but he decided otherwise.  So when we dropped into the station on the way back he was having fun waving and shouting Hi, Bye  at all the officers on duty and hanging out.  He is usually super shy around the guys so we were happy to see him so relaxed and that more than made up for the late hour.

Since he isn't in daycare and hubby no longer works nights and I am SAHM nowadays..  we just roll with it and take cues from him.  It's a bit like potty training..  forcing the issue causes more problems than taking cues from him.  He sometimes skips naps and  that isn't always fun *rolleyes.  

We are trying to transition him to his own bed..and the new bedding we got seems to have helped.. he slept most of last night and all of his nap in there today  :) 

I guess we'd be more strict on some things if they impacted daily life.. like daycare or work schedules.. but since they don't.. we pick our battles and those aren't major issues to me. There are plenty of areas he doesn't get to dictate in like holding hands when out for a walk and hitting and suchlike... safety is never negotiable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"