January 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Todler Beds

OhBaby+2013OhBaby+2013 member
edited September 2014 in January 2013 Moms
Ok ladies I have to transition DS soon because I need him out of his crib before this baby arrives (only 10 weeks until my C section). I'm curious how many of you have already made the switch. I want to draw on your strength!
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

S/O Todler Beds 53 votes

Already made the switch
22% 12 votes
Making the switch soon
20% 11 votes
No plans in the immediate future to make the switch
56% 30 votes

Re: S/O Todler Beds

• Options
    Switched to twin bed on floor at 14 months (DS is a climber)
  • Options
    DD will have to room share with LO, so I am in no hurry to switch her to a toddler bed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did this about a week ago, after she scaled her crib and escaped!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    I want her in her crib as long as possible. I can't really safeguard her room because none of the stuff is actually ours so I worry about her messing with stuff if she wakes up before us and starts roaming about in her room.
  • Options
    we're currently having construction done on the house and going on vacation, so when all is said and done, i plan on painting her room and getting her a toddler bed...should be before she's 2....we have a convertible crib, but now, we need the crib as a crib still.....so we'll see....but i do plan on putting her in a bed in the next couple of months

• Options
    We just did yesterday. I was planning on waiting until he was climbing out, but it turns out him trying to climb out unsuccessfully was just as bad. His chubby little legs kept getting wedged in between the slats and he was getting some bad bruises. :(

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    We made the switch about a month ago. I wanted to take it 1 step at a time, since we will need the nursery for #2 in January. Now that he is used to the bed, we are planning to switch him to his big boy room in a few weeks. I am hoping that he adjusts before DD arrives so that he doesn't connect the two.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    No plans soon. She isn't a climber and we already bought cribs for the new babies. Her world is going to be turned upside down soon enough, I don't want to add to it.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    We moved DS to a full size mattress on the floor a little before he turned 18 months. He wasn't trying to climb out, but rather trying to climb in from the outside. Plus he wasn't sleeping well (still got up 2+ times a night), so we figured it couldn't hurt to try out the new bed, and we'll need the crib for #2 come end of Jan/early Feb. 

He sleeps so much better in his new bed, so we all get more sleep. He just moves a lot so he would bang the sides of his crib and wake up. Now he flops all over and keeps sleeping. Or if we need to we go lay down next to him and he falls back asleep pretty quickly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I think dd would do fine with it since she usually accepts that it's bed time when I put her down, but she's not a climber so I see no reason to.

Ds was a climber so he was switched a little before 2.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When she climbs out or gets too big for it. We borrowed a crib for #2 and I doubt they want it back any time soon so I am in now hurry for her to be uncontained.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Not until he starts climbing out...then we'll transition to the toddler bed and eventually a full sized bed.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    We'll probably make the switch around 2. She doesn't climb out of the crib (fingers crossed) but I would like to transition her as she is becoming more and more independent. But not looking forward to having to "toddler proof" her room. I figure I would get her things for her "big girl" room for Christmas/her birthday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS#1 was 2.5 before we switched him, and even then it was only because he was getting too heavy to constantly lift into the crib.  DS#2 shows no signs of wanting out of his crib, so I'm leaving him there.  The boys share a room now that we're expecting #3, and bed time is crazy enough with them playing.  I can't imagine how crazy it would be if they were both mobile.  I'm hoping DS#2 stays in the crib until things with #3 have settled down, but if he shows any indication of trying to climb out then we will switch him to a toddler bed and eventually into the full size bottom bunk.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    I'm not going to worry about it until DS starts to show interest in getting out.  Once that happens, we'll just take down the one side of the crib and install a toddler rail.  He won't get a toddler bed specifically, so once he outgrows the "daybed/toddler bed/crib hybrid", he'll be in a twin size bed.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options

Knock on wood but he hasn't tried to climb out yet so I'm perfectly fine with keeping him in his crib for now. I'm sure now that I said that, he'll start trying to climb out soon ;)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"