Pregnant after 35
Options

Anyone having twins (or more)?

I have not had my first appointment yet but I am convinced I am having twins. I just have a strong feeling. Plus I have twins in my family, my husband is a fraternal twin, my pants are tight already and I've only gained 1.5 lbs, and I swear I'm feeling flutters that are low and feel like last time (not like gas). 

If you are pregnant with twins, did you have a feeling or were there any signs?
Me: 38, DH: 35
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone having twins (or more)?

• Options
    I am not but I felt the same way as you before they found just one. I am a faternal twin, I had the age thing going for me and the over weight part down too. But sadly I only have one babe. I was getting excited thinking I was having twins.
    But keep us posted on what you are having. When is your first appt? How many weeks are you?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    I was PG with twins and had no idea.  Then I lost one of the babies and still had no idea.  I'd be interested to find out so definitely keep us posted!

For what it's worth, I was already tight in my clothes from all the bloat before I even got my BFP. I think because it was #4 for me!!

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pregnant with twins but transferred 2 embryos so it wasn't totally shocking. But I didn't have any big signs other than a big 2nd beta. I just wanted to say that your DH being a twin doesn't play into this--either you grew 2 eggs or one split-- nothing to do with the guy. As for flutters, you aren't feeling the baby at 6 weeks. I didn't feel the twins until 24 weeks. You'll just have to wait for your u/s!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    @mandyreads, that goes to show our pregnant brains can play tricks on us! Until my first appointment in 2.5 weeks I will be on the edge of my seat. The suspense is killing me.

@jilliansmoma, I'm so sorry for your loss of one of your twins. You're right though, my bloat could just be because it's not my first.

@Mrs.McIrish, you're right that a genetic link has only been discovered for fraternal twins on the mother's side and no apparent genetic link has been discovered for identical twins, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The state of the science continues to evolve, especially in the field of genetics. I am a published author of health research. As for the flutters, you're probably right. I was 17 weeks when I felt them with #1, and while I might feel it earlier this time, there probably isn't enough muscle or bone mass to feel anything yet.

In other words, your experiences all point to no accurate signs/gut feelings.
    :)
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy!

I am having twin boys and while I am grateful and blessed twin pregnancy is scary and no joke.  If you are pregnant with twins make sure you get proper monitoring.  I am 21 weeks and jsut felt babies move about 19 weeks and kicks just this week.

Also... it is very proven that identical twins are a biological "mistake" of the egg splitting and fraternal twins are genetic from the maternal line.  The mayo clinic has some great materials on this.  But yes it is true statistically your chances of a spontaneous fraternal twins does go up slightly when over 35.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Funny note: when my mom was pregnant with me and my brother she had no idea she was carrying twins. When we were born (full term) the dr delivered me first and the nurse was like "there is another baby in there." They ended up pulling my brother out breech and we we're the fattest twins born at that hospital. I was 6lbs and he was 7lbs. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"