Postpartum Depression
Options

i really need to share

KcMom886KcMom886 member
edited September 2014 in Postpartum Depression
I started reading these posts and I just started crying because they all sound so familiar and I thought it was just me.  I have felt like i'm losing my mind and it really just hit me that it may be PPD a couple of days ago.  I love my baby so much and just looking at her brings so much joy to me, but i'm so overwhelmed.  I have been having trouble dealing with everything, since my pregnancy i have had what has seemed to be so many stressful situations.  After the baby was born i had two weeks of help with my husband being off a week and my parents coming another week, but then it has been mainly up to me.  My daughter suffers from laryngomalacia and this led to reflux.  She was up all night for days and days at a time and my husband works 12 hours almost everyday plus weekends and travel.  I feel so lonely i don't know what to do with myself and i feel so overwhelmed on a daily basis.  To make matters worse, we have had talk after talk about him being around more and he doesn't do anything about it.  Now his parents are staying with us from India for 3 months and he is working just as much.  I feel even more overwhelmed with having them here, caring for a baby, and feeling like i need to entertain inlaws i'm meeting face to face for the first time.  My husband and i fight constantly, i cry all the time,  and feel so alone.  I don't feel like myself at all and I hate it.  I worry about my baby all the time, working on making sure she is gaining weight, and scared we will have to schedule a surgery if i can't keep her gaining.  I don't know if this is normal worries and i have reasonable amounts of sadness, fear, depression, and anger, but this doesn't feel like me.  I am going to the doctor on wednesday, but i hate to admit that something may be psychologically wrong with me.  My family all lives 2 hours a way and i see them only on weekends or every other weekend.  I found out i was pregnant right after we moved and i don't really have many friends here.  I just feel very alone. I am just wondering if this sounds normal, or more severe than normal.  

Re: i really need to share

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. It's good that you are seeing your dr. They will be able to help you through this.
    It is possible that it is PPD. Your feelings you mentioned are symptoms and I have had most of them. I was always saying that I just wasn't myself and I wanted to be "me" again.
    Often times a health issue with your baby and not having a support system nearby are related to PPD.
    Hang in there! It's not easy, but just know that it does get better. My LO is almost 4 mths and although today isn't a good day I am doing a lot better lately.
  • Options
    Thank you for the input! There was a time when i was in my second trimester when i thought i might have been suffering with depression but i was too afraid to see a doctor about it.  I was sick all the time and ended up having to leave my job b/c they weren't allowing me breaks to eat and i was getting nauseated all the time.  I was home alone all day and I was so lonely i would just cry.  I honestly don't feel like i have much of a support system, my husband and I have been rocky b/c he doesn't know how to handle my outbursts.  I get so angry with him b/c i have been telling him since my daughter was 2 weeks old (she is now 8 weeks) that i need him to be here for me emotionally and physically, but he has been working more than ever.  I got so upset that he was making me cry for the same thing again (spending a weekend at work after working 12 hours all week) that i told him i despise him.  We had such a good loving relationship before i got pregnant and now i feel like he ignores me telling him i need help.  I'm sorry for just letting this all out, i've been bottling it up for 6 weeks and it feels good to let it out.  I feel hatred for him at this point and the lack of support he is offering that i  wonder if our marriage can survive this.  I miss how things used to be with us, they were easy and we never fought.  I miss how i used to feel, i quite literally never cried or was upset.  I want to be the person i was, just with this beautiful baby in my life and i feel like i don't even know how to be her again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should definitely talk to your Dr. I know you said you are afraid to, but why?

PPD is even more of a struggle when you are lacking support from your family especially your husband. Maybe if you can get him to go to the Dr with you the dr can make him see how serious this situation is.
    Good luck and keep us posted!
  • Options
    I'm sorry that I'm late to responding.  I'm also sorry to hear how down and lonely you are.  Are your IL's willing to help with LO at all?  If so, try to take advantage of them being there.  Depression can feel so isolating... reaching out can be so helpful.  I would also really encourage you to talk to your husband and doctor about how you've been feeling.  It's hard but that's your best bet in you getting what you need.  PP's suggestion about inviting your H to your appointment is a great idea.  Hang in there and GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"