Baby Showers

1st birthday party question

DH and I were invited to a family members 1st birthday party. The mom sent out a link to a registry for gift ideas. I thought this was a bit unusual, and honestly haven't looked at it yet, but what are your thoughts on this? Should I stick to what's on there or do some of my own shopping? I'm just confused because I have never seen a registry for a birthday party.

Re: 1st birthday party question

• Loading the player...
  • I just went and looked at it (figured I should have before asking this lol) and it's kind of strange. There are two car seats on there and a lot of larger toys, like rider-type things. There's a fair amount of clothes and shoes too. I feel like those are odd things to ask for but what do I know.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just went and looked at it (figured I should have before asking this lol) and it's kind of strange. There are two car seats on there and a lot of larger toys, like rider-type things. There's a fair amount of clothes and shoes too. I feel like those are odd things to ask for but what do I know.
    They seem to think they're having a toddler shower instead of a birthday party
    That pretty much hits the nail on the head.  A car seat is a gift for the parents not the kid, why not throw some diapers on there too while you are at it?!  The nerve of people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"