March 2014 Moms
Options

Workout Check In

Suggested check in questions (or just fill us in):

• How did you fare last week?
  • What are your goals this week?
  • GTKY: Since our LOs are likely eating, or about to, "solid" foods: have your eating habits changed as a result, or in anticipation, of sharing meals with LO? For those for who already had kids, any tips from experience? 
Workout/5K Check In:
@Stephout@jjt616@novelblessings@jessher@bmerr@jlcccwyatt,@VanessaBee,@ErinE683@sueq56@Hdhtk4@coreyeliz@Anneplusone,@ntdane@aga60154,@ntdane@NewmomDee,@futuremrsspriggs@Hdhtk4@chocoroom,@jbelle;@jennl0314@pepperedmoth@kcasset@babycaps@bennieangel@Miliska@Anneplusone;@jtizzay @clo1982@benevolentforce@miliska;@ErinE683@MA&CB, @kare_bear_12@WoodShopGirl@babylimas,@LittlePigeon@laurenann89@jforsythia, @angelsnight, @Natty13umppo

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

Re: Workout Check In

• Options
    I'm going to try and participate this week instead of posting, running, and never making it back!  

No workouts per se, but we're staying active with walks, so it's okay.

We're definitely changing things up in anticipation of starting solids: we're using our dining room regularly! We've also been eating far more well-balanced meals in anticipation of LO watching what we eat. 

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    The last week has been okay.  I was super pumped to run a mile on the treadmill!!  Before I got pregnant with this LO, I did couch to 5k and ran my first 5K.  After that one though (Spring 2013), I stopped running because it got hot (summer) and then I got pregnant.  I was expecting to have to start from scratch with running (like just run a few minutes at a time) and was really shocked that I could run a mile (even a 15 minute mile!) and feel okay!  (When I started couch to 5k, NO WAY could I have run a mile and felt okay....maybe there's some running memory left?  IDK.)

This week I hope to keep up the gym - I run a mile and then walk about 20-30 minutes.  I hope to somehow slowly up my speed to a 12 minute mile but that won't be this week.  :)  

GTKY:  This LO is my second and we're about a month or so away from starting with her (I'm in NO hurry).  But I am a lot more conscious of what I feed DD1 (and by extension, usually us, but there are still nights when we'll feed DD healthy food and DH and I will have a take out burger and fries).  We are lucky though that for the most part, DD1 likes a lot of food and will eat a lot of healthy food with no complaints.  DD1 can eat her weight in broccoli.  I guess the one piece of "advice" I would give is to give your kid a chance with food.  I hate so much going out to eat and seeing the standard kids meal fare.  Maybe I'm just lucky that DD1 likes a lot of stuff - she has eaten things like Indian food and black bean and lentil chili since she was 8 or 9 months old (obvs just small bits back then).  Don't think "Oh, my kid won't like that."  Give them a chance!   Start early with variety! (Of course DD2 will probably be the pickiest eater in the world and make me eat those words!)  And, FWIW, it's not like DD1 is only served organic quinoa and kale (though she does like that, too!)...she does eat the occasional french fry and since the arrival of DD2 I have fed her mac and cheese or PB&J more times than I care to count.  And we bribed her with copious M&Ms during potty training.  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh!  And I know in the last check in @bennieangel had mentioned to me food tracking with My Fitness Pal and I wanted to ask her (or anyone else who knew!) how it compared to food tracking with weight watchers?  I've used the WW food tracking before and thought it was okay, but ultimately got lazy with it and that's why I stopped.  Is My Fitness Pal any easier that tracking with WW? 
  • Options
    How did you fare last week?

I didn't meet my goals but stayed relatively active.

What are your goals this week?

I want to get 2 runs in.

GTKY: Since our LOs are likely eating, or about to, "solid" foods: have your eating habits changed as a result, or in anticipation, of sharing meals with LO? For those for who already had kids, any tips from experience?

We have an older DS and he will eat just about anything. He actually seems to prefer healthy foods and I feel that at least in part it's due to how we started him out. Our diet isn't always the greatest but we try to get a balance in, or at least make sure the kids are getting a good balance. I love the pouches of food, even as they get older. They are easy to take with you and can be a good supplement to a restaurant meal that doesn't have a lot of healthy options for kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh!  And I know in the last check in @bennieangel had mentioned to me food tracking with My Fitness Pal and I wanted to ask her (or anyone else who knew!) how it compared to food tracking with weight watchers?  I've used the WW food tracking before and thought it was okay, but ultimately got lazy with it and that's why I stopped.  Is My Fitness Pal any easier that tracking with WW? 
    I think the list is bigger & if you are using your phone you can scan barcodes of any packaged food, etc. But ultimately tracking, is tracking so it's hard to keep up with. When I'm diligent about it I do really well. Right now I'm not tracking at all because I'm worried I'll get too restrictive with my calories & it'll compromise my breast feeding
    @bennieangel -- LOL!  I've been saying I don't want to track because I'm just too busy with other things (or maybe just lazy?) but I should say this instead.  :)  Totally agree about being diligent with it works!  I'm just not ready to be diligent with it...  (which is why when I did WW the 2nd time, I didn't do as well because I just didn't have it in me to commit to tracking at the time.)

And you go, girl!  Great job working out this week!!
  • Options
    • How did you fare last week? Pretty good, I walked four days (the fifth is kinda optional) and I lost 2.5 pounds
    • What are your goals this week?  It was to walk four days and bike one, but I didn't make it on my bike ride today and it's looking like I'll only walk two days.
    • GTKY: Since our LOs are likely eating, or about to, "solid" foods: have your eating habits changed as a result, or in anticipation, of sharing meals with LO? For those for who already had kids, any tips from experience?  Not really, but I've been eating healthier lately anyway.  I am trying to make all of LO's food, it just makes me feel like I'm doing something really good for her, maybe because I wasn't able to nurse.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I have failed this week at working out. That is all!

• Options
    @jbelle you can take me off the check in. I appreciate the tag but I'm never on anymore. Hope you all are doing well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"