High-Risk Pregnancy

Mother's Instinct or Just Paranoid?

Throughout my pregnancy it has seemed like there has been one scare after another, and at 20 weeks pregnant, I still can't help but feeling like something is going to go wrong. All the early pregnancy scares have turned out fine, except for having IC, which I had a cerclage put in a week ago at 2.8 cm, which was more preventative than anything, so that should be fine. This is my second baby, had no issues with first baby and don't remember being this stressed out about something bad happening. Am I just being paranoid or is this mothers instinct? I think the fact that we are having a girl and already have 4 boys at home - between my husband and myself - and we are so excited for a girl, it makes it that much worse! I'm very excited but every time we do something to prepare for her arrival, setting up crib, etc, I get worried that I'm jinxing it. Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Re: Mother's Instinct or Just Paranoid?

• You poor thing! No you are not the only one:) I keep thinking something will happen, but our baby is perfectly healthy. I know it is easier said then done,but try to enjoy being pregnant and not worry unless need be.
  • You're not alone. I've had 2 previous losses, and at 15 weeks I am still having a hard time allowing myself to be excited about this baby. I want so badly to be, but I'm so scared something will go wrong that I can't let myself. 
    Try to remember that nothing you do can jinx anything; setting up a crib won't change what's going on in your uterus. I know that sounds silly, but I have to tell myself these things. (Buying that blanket won't jinx the baby, etc). Also, trying to remember that today, I am pregnant... that helps some too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls, I know it's silly, but I can't help it sometimes. It does feel better knowing Im not the only one! :)
  • I've spent the majority of my pregnancy waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak.  Really despite my pre-exisiting issues I haven't had any scares and that is putting me on edge if you can believe it. 

It's totally not silly to a bit paranoid!  Not productive or helpful maybe but not silly!

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"