Secondary IF

Injectable meds

Does anyone else have an issue getting their injectable meds in a timely fashion and without a problem? Per my insurance company my meds have to come from CVS Caremark. Last month it came down to the wire getting my ovidrel from them with a phone call to them every day. Now today they sent me the follistim pen with no follistim! I am supposed to start it tomorrow. I spoke to a manager there tonight and she assures me they will overnight it and I will get it tomorrow. It is so frustrating. I wish these meds could just be picked up at the local pharmacy and not be at the mercy of these big companies. 
"From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Me: 35, DH: 40
TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 

Re: Injectable meds

• Wow! That is insane! Cycles are so time sensitive, so I would be complaining to your insurance company big time, because if you can't get your fucking meds, they end up wasting money on a cycle you can't even really complete. I use Cigna pharmacy- I tell them when I need my meds (which is typically a week before I have to start) and they show up then. The only problem I have is they often send me the wrong needles (too many of one type, and not enough of another, etc) but it's never anything that screws up my cycle. 

This shit is so super stressful on its own without all this added stress of getting your meds on time, they need to get it together, for real. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I completely second everything @potatocastillo said. I go through freedom and they always overnight them. 
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
    Second IUI cycle: BFP
    Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
    First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I am forced to use CVS Caremark too and their BS Fertility Center for my meds.  This was new to me with recent insurance change.

Before the cyst knocked me out this cycle I had been on the phone with them 3 different times trying to get things together.  And I'm pretty sure the 'consultant' was in India...not the US.  They are a freaking nightmare. 

The only other option I have is to pay more money to go to the local fertility meds pharmacy which I was referred to by my RE.  After dealing with CVS, I am actually considering this - at least for some of the more time sensitive medications.  Talk to your RE - this may be an option especially if you have limited coverage anyway like me - one IVF cycle is going to exhaust my $5,000 limit.  And the private pharmacies sometimes have discount programs, etc.  Worth looking into.

Good luck!!!
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That is some serious BS and added stress you don't need. Ugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • That's horrible! Like Potato said, it is stressful enough! Jeez!  I hope they get there on time!
    DS: Born November 2011
    TTC #2 since April '13
    DH 35, Me: 34
    DX: Unexplained Secondary Infertility, Slight DOR
    Sept 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel) = BFN
    Oct 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone) = BFN
    Nov 14- Benched due to cysts Looking for New Doc
    Feb - IUI #3 (Letrozole + Ovridrel)
    March/April - IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - Follistim+HGH+Low Dose HCG - 11R/9M/5F - 2 8 cell 3dtransfer - BFN on April 23, 2014

• Thanks ladies. The follistim did arrive just in time. They overnighted it and it got here Saturday afternoon for me to start that night. I am going to ask to speak to a supervisor right away if I have to do this again next month to try and avoid any issues from the start. 
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board