Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My daughter is six weeks old today and still sleep for most the day is this normal?

Hello, My daughter is six weeks old today, and will still probably sleep 16 to 20 hours a day.. we are trying everything in our power to try to keep her longer with toys and playing with her and trying to encourage her to stay awake...but for the most part she will sleep majority of the night only waking 2 or 3 times...i'm just wondering with her age is this normal...or am i just worry for nothing

Answers

• Options
    I think 16-18 hours is normal. Right now my LO is going through a growth spurt and is probably sleeping about 20 hours a day.
  • Options
    DS1 was like that. He just needed more sleep than the average kid. Now, at 2 1/2, he still sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes a 3 hour nap most days. It's wonderful.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD is 11 weeks and I would say she sleeps about 16 hrs a day sometimes more sometimes a little less. I talked to the doctor at her 2 month appt. and he said up until about 4 months they can sleep as much as needed and not to be worried about them sleeping too much before 4 months.
  • Options
    My son is about 10 weeks and sleeps at least 18 hours a day. Probably more like 20. My daughter was the same way. Even now she's 4 and she sleeps 12 hours+ every night and still occasionally takes naps in the afternoons. Some kids sleep more!
  • Options
    **sigh**

I wish I had this problem. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"