3rd Trimester
Options

+2 protein but normal BP?

This is my third baby. With my first, I had every symptom of pre-e besides protein in my urine (that I know of anyway) so it was left undiagnosed. My second I had no issues. Now with this baby, I am 33 weeks, and for a month and a half, I have had +2 protein. I've only had two appointments in that time. My BP has been perfect and I have no swelling at all. No other symptoms of pre-e. I know it can be an indication of an infection and since I'm very prone to UTI'S, I have been drinking much more since the last urine check to rule it out. I am terrible at keeping myself hydrated so now I'm making it a point to drink constantly.

Has anyone else had protein and it not being pre-e? I am so terrified of it suddenly picking up into something major. (I have very bad anxiety as it is anyway, so I'm sure that fear doesn't help my BP :P)

Re: +2 protein but normal BP?

• Options
    Thought I'd toss in there that my midwife told me if I have protein in my urine in a week I will be doing a 24 hour sample.
  • Options
    I had the same issue. But I had pitting edema as well and my BP was fine. Just try to drink more water and cut back on salt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At my last appointment they said I had traces of protein in my urine but this far along it was normal and they weren't worried about it. BP was fine and no major swelling.
  • Options
    Hmm...I'm going to follow this thread. My protein was +1 at 30 weeks (I'm 33 weeks now) and the doctor's office has not called to address it. I called my mom who's a labor and delivery nurse educator and she said it'll be interesting to see what next result is. Doctor's office didn't mention I needed a 32 week appt so they are booked. I've asked twice to be squeezed in and was told by nurse there's no need. :-/

Just ridic. I'm praying all is ok and look fwd to my appt at end of next week.

We all have to be our own health advocate - that's for sure.

I'm interested to see what others say...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"