Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Out of state wedding 2 weeks after due date

1235»

Re: Out of state wedding 2 weeks after due date

• Yeah. I thought this story was a bunch of made up fantasy BS used to rile up the board regulars pages ago. I'd also be curious to see if the mods can check ip addresses because at least one of the white knights here has a suspiciously similar writing style, syntax, etc to the OP.

I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is: pics or it didn't happen.
  • Yeah. I thought this story was a bunch of made up fantasy BS used to rile up the board regulars pages ago. I'd also be curious to see if the mods can check ip addresses because at least one of the white knights here has a suspiciously similar writing style, syntax, etc to the OP. I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is: pics or it didn't happen.

I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah. I thought this story was a bunch of made up fantasy BS used to rile up the board regulars pages ago. I'd also be curious to see if the mods can check ip addresses because at least one of the white knights here has a suspiciously similar writing style, syntax, etc to the OP. I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is: pics or it didn't happen.
    This is nowhere near extreme enough to warrant checking IP addresses. Plus, the OP was a reg on the Knot. So I think that proves she is not a troll.

• And now a picture of you with the 4 week old baby you left behind...?
  • MaybeKatie10MaybeKatie10 member
    edited September 2014
    KatWAG said:

Yeah. I thought this story was a bunch of made up fantasy BS used to rile up the board regulars pages ago. I'd also be curious to see if the mods can check ip addresses because at least one of the white knights here has a suspiciously similar writing style, syntax, etc to the OP.

I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is: pics or it didn't happen.

This is nowhere near extreme enough to warrant checking IP addresses. Plus, the OP was a reg on the Knot. So I think that proves she is not a troll.

Why does something need to be "extreme" to check ip addresses? I used to run a forum. It's literally 2 mouse clicks. Not a big deal to check at all. I just didn't know if the mods had been granted that access.

Further, being a regular on ANY forum doesn't "prove" jack shit to me. Sorry.
  • You said pics or it didn't happen, she posted a couple, you call her a troll and still refuse to believe her lol. It's not that serious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jennifer- Glad you had a good time and you guys look fabulous!

Welcome to motherhood- you will unfortunately be judged for every decision you make for the rest of your life. If you are happy and your child is happy, i have NO clue why everyone cares. I have been judged for MANY decisions thus far (my oldest is 5) starting with my pregnancy.  

• You said pics or it didn't happen, she posted a couple, you call her a troll and still refuse to believe her lol. It's not that serious.

I can post a picture of myself in a dress standing in a hall. Doesn't mean this cockanamie story is true. Even though the pictures were obviously not at a wedding, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she went to one.

However, until I see a picture of her and a 1 month old baby together, I will continue to assume said baby doesn't exist.

You, however, are free to believe whatever you want.
  • I mean yeah thats true, but why care?
  • KatWAG said:
    Yeah. I thought this story was a bunch of made up fantasy BS used to rile up the board regulars pages ago. I'd also be curious to see if the mods can check ip addresses because at least one of the white knights here has a suspiciously similar writing style, syntax, etc to the OP. I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is: pics or it didn't happen.

It's fine. If they'd like to check IP addresses, by all means go ahead. I have neither the time nor desire to create alternative accounts to "white knight" for myself, so they're free to go ahead and see it for themselves. 

P.S. I miss The Knot.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

I can post a picture of myself in a dress standing in a hall. Doesn't mean this cockanamie story is true. Even though the pictures were obviously not at a wedding, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she went to one. However, until I see a picture of her and a 1 month old baby together, I will continue to assume said baby doesn't exist. You, however, are free to believe whatever you want.
    The pictures are of us getting ready. As the MOH, I wasn't exactly carrying a cell phone around taking selfies. If you notice, the bride and I are wearing matching robes, only hers is white (because she's the bride). And the other girl and I are in J Crew bridesmaid dresses (different style, same color/fabric). 

But fine, in order to cover all of my bases. Here is the progression of my pregnancy:

Here are pictures of us at the bride's Key West bachelorette party, when I was 7 months pregnant, so that you know that the above pictures weren't from a pre-pregnancy wedding or something: 

Here is me in the hospital after my c-section:

And me and baby girl at home napping a few weeks later:

Let me know if I've forgotten anything. 

• Congratulations @jenniferurs‌, she's beautiful!
  • Can I just say you looked FABULOUS pregnant :) 

Stop worrying about justifying yourself here. I think many people here have been over the top obnoxious and judgmental, and quite frankly gives this place a bad name.  Enjoy your little one- she is gorgeous.
  • I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Ok, I'm woman enough to admit when I'm wrong. I guess you really did ditch your 4 week old baby for an entire weekend for a wedding. So I'm sorry I called you a liar. I guess it was just easier for me to believe you were just making up a story to poke the angry lions than it was for me to believe there was actually someone that selfish and irresponsible out there in charge of an infant. I'm glad nothing happened to your kid while you were away partying with your "best friend" with equally bad priorities and poor judgement. Maybe you'll both be doing some serious growing up together. Any kids you have deserve as much. With that said, I again apologize for calling you a liar. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
    LOL. Some people.

• aditigirl said:
    So you just came back to be a huge attention whore? I stand by no one cares. Oh wait, like two unknown newbies care. Cool beans! \m/ You don't get a medal for leaving your nb to go party. Sorrynotsorry.
    For someone who doesn't care, you've sure spent an awful lot of time in this thread. 

I can post a picture of myself in a dress standing in a hall. Doesn't mean this cockanamie story is true. Even though the pictures were obviously not at a wedding, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she went to one. However, until I see a picture of her and a 1 month old baby together, I will continue to assume said baby doesn't exist. You, however, are free to believe whatever you want.
    You are one of those people who still thinks Tupac is alive, aren't you?
  • aditigirl said:
    aditigirl said:
    So you just came back to be a huge attention whore? I stand by no one cares. Oh wait, like two unknown newbies care. Cool beans! \m/ You don't get a medal for leaving your nb to go party. Sorrynotsorry.
    For someone who doesn't care, you've sure spent an awful lot of time in this thread. 
    -------------- L-O-fucking-L. It's called being bored. Don't flatter yourself, honey.
    That's fine, but when I'm bored, I typically don't seek out entertainment in things I couldn't care less about. But to each their own.

Regardless, even if you didn't want an update, others expressed that they did. And I'm sorry, but giving them what they asked for does not an attention whore make. These were from when the thread was first started:

Jenniferurs -- I may be speaking for many of the people on this feed, but I would be very interested in what you end up doing. Not what you plan to do, but what you did and how it went once all is said and done. Good luck.

CFox815 said:
    When's your due date? I want to set a reminder on my phone to ask where you are 16 days after it. You can reply in between changing giant bloody pads, applying nipple balm and trying to sleep for more than a hour, from the comfort of your couch obviously.

CFox815 said:
     This is cute, it really is. But you are absolutely delusional. When is your due date? I'm demanding an update.

CFox815 said:
    I set a reminder for Sept 13. Should I request the update on this board? I wonder if you will have pooped by then...

Then 3 months after that, somebody else bumped the thread for an update...

@jenniferurs - Still planning on going to the wedding? Be sure to keep us updated; we're all waiting eagerly for the report!

Then 3 months after that, somebody bumped the thread once again...

mkw1013 said:
    So currently how far along are you? Should be coming up soon right?

But yeah, I'm an attention whore for simply responding when the thread was bumped by others. Jesus. 

Again, if you don't care, by all means, don't read the thread. But some people were obviously curious to see what happened, so I don't know why you keep acting like no one expressed an interest and like I was just updating out of nowhere. You're being hostile just for the sake of being hostile. 

• @jenniferurs -- I will admit, I thought you were nuts for going to this wedding. Thanks for the update. I am glad things went well.

Your LO is beautiful! Enjoy your time together!
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • I'm 8 weeks PP today. Just started meds for the PPD that set in. Supposed to be returning to work this week, and I'm a mess, thinking about leaving her for 8 hours a day. I can't imagine being a plane ride away for 48 hours. I don't know how you did it. Good for you, I guess.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • That's fine, but when I'm bored, I typically don't seek out entertainment in things I couldn't care less about. But to each their own.

Regardless, even if you didn't want an update, others expressed that they did. And I'm sorry, but giving them what they asked for does not an attention whore make. These were from when the thread was first started:

Jenniferurs -- I may be speaking for many of the people on this feed, but I would be very interested in what you end up doing. Not what you plan to do, but what you did and how it went once all is said and done. Good luck.

CFox815 said:
    When's your due date? I want to set a reminder on my phone to ask where you are 16 days after it. You can reply in between changing giant bloody pads, applying nipple balm and trying to sleep for more than a hour, from the comfort of your couch obviously.

CFox815 said:
     This is cute, it really is. But you are absolutely delusional. When is your due date? I'm demanding an update.

CFox815 said:
    I set a reminder for Sept 13. Should I request the update on this board? I wonder if you will have pooped by then...

@jenniferurs - Still planning on going to the wedding? Be sure to keep us updated; we're all waiting eagerly for the report!

mkw1013 said:

But yeah, I'm an attention whore for simply responding when the thread was bumped by others. Jesus. 

Again, if you don't care, by all means, don't read the thread. But some people were obviously curious to see what happened, so I don't know why you keep acting like no one expressed an interest and like I was just updating out of nowhere. You're being hostile just for the sake of being hostile. 
    It's clear several of those are sarcastic requests for updates.  Even the most obtuse person could grasp that.
    What does that even mean? She shouldn't have posted because some were sarcastic? Seriously- everyone wanted to know- whether it was from morbid curiousity or because they wanted it to work out for her. There wouldn't be this many responses if there wasn't interest.

Why are you responding and wasting your time if you don't care? To be self-righteous?

• jenniferursjenniferurs member
    edited September 2014
    So the two people who came back to the thread and bumped it, each after 3 months of inactivity on it, did so for the mere purpose of being sarcastic? I don't think so. And VegasGal has since come back to the thread saying thanks for the update. So that only leaves CFox as the potential sarcastic poster of which you speak. But then, it'd be pretty weird to request an update on 3 separate occasions if you weren't actually interested in one.

• Why are you responding and wasting your time if you don't care? To be self-righteous?

Ummm.....

Its always the WK's that ask this question.  Why are you responding???  Are you claiming that they way you waste your time is better than the way I waste mine?  Seriously, so fucking hypocritical.  
    You said you didn't care about her post. I actually did. So not hypocritical.

Not sure what a WK is. Havent spent time on the bump in 6 months or so but was on here daily for years.
  • That's fine, but when I'm bored, I typically don't seek out entertainment in things I couldn't care less about. But to each their own.

CFox815 said:

CFox815 said:

CFox815 said:

mkw1013 said:

It's clear several of those are sarcastic requests for updates.  Even the most obtuse person could grasp that.

I can't speak for others, but my request for an update was genuine.  I even went as far to flag the post so I could see it when it came in!

I fully admit, I thought jenniferurs would come back and say she didn't go or that she did go and it went badly, but that's not what happened.  She was lucky and it all worked out.

Her decisions might not be what everyone else on the board would have done, but maybe now she has a better understanding as to why she was given the advice she received.

Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • jenniferurs I was genuinely curious how it went.  I was impressed with the open minded approach you and the bride took to the situation. I didn't think it would be easy and I'm glad no major catastrophe happened. I personally do not think it hurt the baby to be away for a short period of time. 

I do not think this is a troll because this kind of travel happens from time to time, especially in families that have strong relationships over long distances. It's not unheard of. 

I second what an above poster said: Welcome to Motherhood, where everyone will judge everything you do.

• Oh goodness lol. Not even going to get dragged into this, thanks for the entertainment though - I appreciated the update as well ;) ! And @jenniferurs‌, I agree you looked fabulous pregnant and your LO is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"