1st Trimester
Options

*Update - Prenatals?* (TMI) - Is this it? (MS?)

LindsMichelleLindsMichelle member
edited September 2014 in 1st Trimester
Update: I didn't want to start a new thread when I already had one similar floating around... So today I am 7 weeks... annnnnd apparently the baby wants me to know that with no question. My 7am loose poo's for the last week, turned into raging diarrhea (sorry, only want to describe it) this morning. At 2:30, at 3:30, at 6am and then woke up feeling like I wanted to puke - hence being awake now. 
OBVIOUSLY, the wanting to puke, is MS... however, I started wondering around 3am, could the bowel movement issues be happening from my prenatals? Or the Fish Oil DHA gummies I started about a week ago, it lines up well... Now, I took these exact prenatals (CVS brand) for years just for the benefits of nails, and hair looking better lol - and I never had BM issues... 

I'm curious if you ladies had issues with your bowels because of prenatals and if you changed the brand, it stopped? And if so... what brand did you change to? I would assume everyone is different with how their body reacts to different brands, but I would rather have an idea of where to head if I'm going to change the brand, rather than having to try them all. 

So I'm 6w4d today... and the past few days I've chalked up my life as being hungry. All. The. Time. My stomach feels empty pit 10 minutes after I eat something... and my stomach just feels 'off' as I keep describing it.

I wake up like clockwork every morning with the urge for a BM, which is always super loose (sorry, TMI) - with a mixture of feeling like I haven't eaten in a week... which makes me feel super queasy. So I eat a bowl of cereal, which is somehow almost hard for me to down.

I've never had a pregnancy with MS, my MC back in 2012 had zero symptoms before I lost it... is this what MS feels like? Or the beginning stages? I'm not running to the toilet and throwing up, or dry heaving/gagging... 

That's my stupid post for the day. Don't bite my head off, I bite back lately, nom nom.
Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119

Re: *Update - Prenatals?* (TMI) - Is this it? (MS?)

• Options
    Morning sickness feels different for everyone. I've thrown up once in all 4 of my pregnancies yet I still feel like complete shit everyday. We can't tell you what you'll experience. And maybe try without the "don't bite my head off" next time.
  • Options

So I'm 6w4d today... and the past few days I've chalked up my life as being hungry. All. The. Time. My stomach feels empty pit 10 minutes after I eat something... and my stomach just feels 'off' as I keep describing it.

I wake up like clockwork every morning with the urge for a BM, which is always super loose (sorry, TMI) - with a mixture of feeling like I haven't eaten in a week... which makes me feel super queasy. So I eat a bowl of cereal, which is somehow almost hard for me to down.

I've never had a pregnancy with MS, my MC back in 2012 had zero symptoms before I lost it... is this what MS feels like? Or the beginning stages? I'm not running to the toilet and throwing up, or dry heaving/gagging... 

That's my stupid post for the day. Don't bite my head off, I bite back lately, nom nom.
    I'm sorry about your previous loss. You current lack of symptoms does not indicate the viability of this pregnancy though. Hunger is a major symptom though really. Eat all the food. Try to increase your protein. It will help you stay full longer. It may be that you are going to get ms in a few weeks and your body is encouraging you to eat now. Morning sickness, for me, starts out feeling like mild car sickness. I get warm first then queasy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    emmyg65 said:
    I mostly just felt nauseated the entire first trimester, but I only threw up a handful of times. Like PP said, it's different for everyone. If you're waking up hungry, try eating a protein-rich snack before bed like an apple with peanut butter, cheese and crackers, or handful of nuts.

Also try keeping some crackers next to your bed and having one or two before getting up. An empty stomach makes me nauseas, pregnant or not,
  • Options

emmyg65 said:

I mostly just felt nauseated the entire first trimester, but I only threw up a handful of times. Like PP said, it's different for everyone. If you're waking up hungry, try eating a protein-rich snack before bed like an apple with peanut butter, cheese and crackers, or handful of nuts.

Also try keeping some crackers next to your bed and having one or two before getting up. An empty stomach makes me nauseas, pregnant or not,

That's what I'm running into. 10 minutes after I eat I have an empty pit feeling in my stomach. That baby is the size of a pea! No way they're going through all I eat lol.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I am having similar symptoms. I eat, and within an hour I fill like an empty pit. The difference with me, is that once I eat something, my stomach feels like I swallowed a rock, no matter how heavy or light the food I ate was. Once that processes through, my stomach is yelling at me to eat again. I have my appointment with my doc tomorrow, so I'm unable to say how far I am. (I had just learned about temping last month, and started temping 3 days before I tested BFP). Right now, my stomach just doesn't want to be comfortable in any way. The only actual sickness that I have been experiencing though is when I brush my teeth. I'm assuming that I have developed a sensitive gag reflex. :(
  • Options
    To me it sounds like the beginnings of morning sickness.  I hope this is as bad as it gets! :)
  • Options
    @skonkers , argh. You are very very right lol. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I had loose stools every day for about a week from about 8-9 weeks pregnant. I'm now 11 weeks and still get that gotta - go-now feeling whenever I need to go. This happened to me all of my last pregnancy too (the urgency, although I did have my share of diarrhea). I asked my doctor last week and she said its very common and due to all the progesterone flowing through your body.

All this isn't to say its not your prenatal, but I'm just sharing my experience.
  • Options
    Just made me wonder because it only happens in the early morning. (Between 2am and 6am) and I take my prenatals and DHA around 10pm or so.
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"