January 2014 Moms

Ever wonder....

Ever have random thoughts or questions? You don't know if there's an actual answer for it, but you've thought about a particular subject before....maybe someone else thought about the same subject or has an answer. Let this be your personal google for the day! You'll get heckled any other day bc "the bump isn't your personal google!" [-X

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Ever wonder....

• How did the world really come to be?
    Who came up with the names of our countries?  Where'd they come up with them?
    Where did people come up with human names?  I'm talking about traditional names like Michael, John, Matthew, etc that have been around forever.
    Who is the first person to ever win the lottery?  How much did he/she win?
    Where was the first paved road and who was the first person to travel on it. 
    How many roads are there in the world?

I have a billion more bc I'm always wondering about things, but I'm trying to keep DD from diving off of the chair while sitting on me as I type out my questions!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Who was the person that decided a potato looked good to eat or an onion?
  • Loading the player...
  • How were objects named, language formed objects named.

@miamypuggle I think about those all the time. Like its amazing how humans have progressed and technology.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• How do babies learn to talk and walk? It seems like such a complicated mental process for their little selves.
    I think about food all the time!  Like, who decided that fish eggs looked tasty, or the person that decided to brew the coffee beans that came out of a cat's butt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh! Hey I have an answer!! Tradition last names came about according to their occupation.

Along similar lines, who decided that the root (Potato) of a poisonous plant (nightshade) would be a good thing to eat?
    Also, how did they figure out what part of a blow fish was safe to eat?
  • Here is a whole series of books dedicated to questions like "How does aspirin find a headache?"

https://www.imponderables.com/index.php

I devoured these books as a child.

• Here's the food one that really gets me. Who decided a shrimp looked tasty?

Along these lines, I'm grossed out by the term: juicy shrimp. Ewe. I like shrimp, but that just sounds nasty to me. 

Along these lines, I'm grossed out by the term: juicy shrimp. Ewe. I like shrimp, but that just sounds nasty to me. 

I don't like the term either. And I can't eat them raw or if they're to big. Grosses me out.

• I often wonder about nail polish. Who decided we should paint those?

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How do color blind people know certain colors? I worked with a guy that had to ask his wife what color his socks were. He said red and blue were hard to tell apart. I should have asked him more before I quit bc he was the only one I knew that was color blind. It's interesting. Kindergarten must have been tough.

• edited September 2014
    Color blindness is most common in males, the most common form is red/green and what they see is more like shades of brown for those colors to the rest of us. I knew a guy in high school who was color blind but who was so good at differentiating that he worked in graphic design with no problems.
    Vibrators were invented by doctors who diagnosed women with hysteria. The treatment, but no cure, was to manually stimulate women to have an orgasm. Well they got tired or something because they started inventing mechanical vibrators to get the job done faster. So we can all thank lazy pervy doctors for those hahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"