Multiples

34 weeks - hit my "emotional" wall!

I am VERY thankful to have made it this far with only a couple of minor bumps in the road.  As of 32 weeks, I have been on modified bed rest, and working from home. I think I've hit a new milestone ... hitting my emotional wall at 34 weeks.  I cried last night because I was too sore and tired to blow dry my hair, while I was standing there in my husband's XXL tshirt,with nail polish that grew out weeks ago, and a left ankle the size of a tree trunk. Then I got a whopping 4 hours of sleep (I know, be grateful for the 4 hours now!!), and just continued to cry all the way to my appt this morning where I finally pulled it together. They went over the consent forms for delivery, and I'm waiting on a call for my induction date! Woo Hoo!  I know the relief will be short lived, until we all come home and things get worse before they get better! :) I just had to share with you all because my DH just cant relate!  Happy Hump Day, and thank you for all of the help and advice that you have provided that has gotten me to this point!!

**** Ticker Warning ****

Me: 37, DH: 38 Married since 2005, TTC since 2007

IVF#1 February 2013 - 6R, 4M, 3F - transferred 2 day 3; 1 frozen - BFN

IVF#2 May 2013 - Menopur, Follistim, Ganirilex - 16R, 13M - freeze all eggs due to MFI 0% Motility day of retreival

FET September 2013 - 9 eggs thawed, 0 fertilized :( transferred frostie from IVF #1 - Estrace & PIO - BFN

**Change RE**

January 2014 - IVF #3 (Lucky #3?!)  ER 2/5/14 19R, 16M, 11F with PICSI.

2/10/14 Transferred 2 AA day 5 blasts <3<3, 5 Frozen - Estrace & Endometrim (which IMO is worse than PIO!!)

Beta 2/24/14 Beta #1: 2229, Beta #2: 3577 BFP!!

6 week u/s - TWO heartbeats <3

EDD 10/30/14

***** All Welcome *******

Re: 34 weeks - hit my &quot;emotional&quot; wall!

• It's an emotional time!  No point in holding all those feelings in, let em out!  How exciting your little ones will be here soon :)
  • I remember distinctively hitting the 34week wall. Very similar emotions and situation. My babies were born at 34w4d though, so I didn't linger long at that "wall"! Of course I would have liked them to bake longer, but it all turned out wonderfully in the end. Thinking of you during your last few weeks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I could have written that exact post a week ago! Not sure what turned it around for me outside my c-section got bumped up by 5 days to this Saturday so I haven't had much time to think about anything this week in the blur of last minute appointments. Sounds like you will be on the countdown soon too so hopefully that will help. Hang in there, you're almost at the end!
  • I'm "only" 29 weeks and am scared of the next 8 weeks!!!! Sleep is already sporadic and stuff just hurts. A friend of mine had twins in July and she said that you forget quickly how bad the last few weeks were! I hope so...(((()))

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• The end is so hard but your almost there! I actually had a plastic folding chair in the bathroom to sit while half assed dried my hair got ready etc. as far as shaving and toenails that went downhill but if it will make you feel better maybe a friend or DH can do that for you? The hormones, tiredness and everything else really adds up at the end! Totally normal and I think the last month oft pregnancy and first few after they where born I cried almost every day, hang in there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wishing35Wishing35 member
    edited September 2014
    The end is so hard but your almost there! I actually had a plastic folding chair in the bathroom to sit while half assed dried my hair got ready etc. as far as shaving and toenails that went downhill but if it will make you feel better maybe a friend or DH can do that for you? The hormones, tiredness and everything else really adds up at the end! Totally normal and I think the last month oft pregnancy and first few after they where born I cried almost every day, hang in there. Oh and as far as being great full for 4 hours sleep for me even with the babies waking up sleep was still way better than I had in my last trimester!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you ladies.... I knew you could relate and figured its normal around this time!!

**** Ticker Warning ****

Me: 37, DH: 38 Married since 2005, TTC since 2007

IVF#1 February 2013 - 6R, 4M, 3F - transferred 2 day 3; 1 frozen - BFN

IVF#2 May 2013 - Menopur, Follistim, Ganirilex - 16R, 13M - freeze all eggs due to MFI 0% Motility day of retreival

FET September 2013 - 9 eggs thawed, 0 fertilized :( transferred frostie from IVF #1 - Estrace & PIO - BFN

**Change RE**

January 2014 - IVF #3 (Lucky #3?!)  ER 2/5/14 19R, 16M, 11F with PICSI.

2/10/14 Transferred 2 AA day 5 blasts <3<3, 5 Frozen - Estrace & Endometrim (which IMO is worse than PIO!!)

Beta 2/24/14 Beta #1: 2229, Beta #2: 3577 BFP!!

6 week u/s - TWO heartbeats <3

EDD 10/30/14

***** All Welcome *******

• I know how hard this must be. I just spent 2 days in L&D for monitoring and now I am on bedrest/house arrest.  Its really hard to manage with a toddler running around and our help wont be here until Friday night.   Parts of me hurt that I did not know existed! 

FX we get through this and make it a few more weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"