October 2012 Moms

Rubella Shot / Thyroid - SBR

I went for my yearly OB/GYN visit, she took blood because I told her we were thinking of TTC soon. So she wanted to check rubella and every other test she could think of.  While doing the exam, she noticed my hands shaking, she asked if I was okay, I told her I shake and am HOT all the time, since I had DS... 

She said that child birth could have triggered a thyroid problems, ever here of this?  

So now I have to go to my family doctor and get a rubella shot and figure out what to do with the thyroid. (tests showed it was a hypothyroidism - under-active)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rubella Shot / Thyroid - SBR

• I've got hypothyroidism and I'm always cold. I had it before pregnancy but with meds my levels were steady, even through pregnancy. Then after having her my levels went crazy and they had to double my synthrois. Meds are still doubled and my levels are ok, so I'm guessing having a baby messed me up.

• stephcarter so pregnancy / birth can change your thyroid?  I've just never heard of this and I have been googling all day.  

Thanks and hopefully you can continue to keep the levels at a good range.  Darn kids! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @AMT1107 My doctor mentioned mine was high at my last appointment but she just said we will keep an eye on it. Hope you can get it undercontrol soon. It's crazy what pregnancy/birth can do to your body. Men have it so easy sometimes!!

• That seemed to be the case for me! Right before I had her my levels were fine with 75mcg of synthroid. A couple of months later I went in for a new migraine prescription because they were worse than ever. And my hair was all falling out, like bad. So they ran the blood test and sure enough, levels were way off. I'm on 150mcg now. I haven't taken it in a few days now and I'm starting to feel really worn down. I've been forgetting in the morning. Blah.

• They tested my thyroid pretty regularly when I was pregnant because they said that it isn't uncommon for levels to change during pregnancy. I didn't think I needed to get tested afterwards too though. It kind of makes sense to me now though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"