April 2014 Moms

UO

Re: UO

• Omg I hear she gives her kids screen time on school nights. What a tragedy.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lokimau said:

I hate going to concerts.
    I like music but the whole concert experience just sucks. People are pushy. They never play what you want to hear. Tickets are expensive. If it is an outdoor festival it is either miserable and hot or miserable and rainy.

Omg me tooooo. I'm a music geek but hate concerts with a passion.

I feel like an old lady.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Loading the player...
  • Dahlia414 said:
    I'm never taking my kids to disney world. Seems like a huge waste of time and money.
    Blasphemy. 
    Agreed! DH has only been to Epcot and Universal once (we went together to visit his cousin who lives in Orlando) and we're already counting down the days until Aiden is old enough to appreciate it :-D

• And my just you waitish comment had nothing to do with device usage.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • (And my kid generally doesn't use a device in restaurants anyway. She's too busy playing with the salt and pepper.)
  • Yes. Not directed at you then.
  • steph1977steph1977 member
    edited September 2014
    I sometimes allow my kid to play on my iPhone if the service is slow, or as a reward for good behavior in a restaurant. I have a bunch of great educational apps and have absolutely no problem with it. I would not allow it in church.

Disney World is an amazing, magical experience for kids. I've taken my DD (almost 6) twice, and she refers to it as "her paradise." Definitely not a waste of time or money to make your child SO happy.

My UO: Day care is not school. It really bothers me when someone claims they're dropping their 6 wk old off at "school." If someone is wiping your child's arse, please call it what it is.
  • Don't understand why some of us are against children using devices at restaurants, my 7 year old Is sometimes an angel, perfectly behaved other times he's the opposite, I'm used to his behaviour so I don't really get bothered by it, so it's not for my benefit. giving him my iPhone for games keeps his voice down and keeps him sat on a chair.

So I will have to say just wait and see!
  • Thai food, Indian food, curry, peanut sauce...

Barf in the potty.  
  • ambarnett1ambarnett1 member
    edited September 2014
    @poru I definitely understand where you're coming from. After I made that statement I thought about it and you do have to take kids out and they do need to be taught how to behave. I see the flaw in my comment. Now, I'm rambling...

Eta- wording

• RrrrrachelRrrrrachel member
    edited September 2014

Idk if I did that right. 
  • Apparently not.

Who is actually stupid enough to buy this crap...?
  • Yes, I hate watching football on tv. I loved going to college games, and maybe I would enjoy a pro game if I was close enough to the field. But I will never ever watch it in tv for more than 10 minutes. So boring.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Also glad to see we still have a healthy dose of "my kid won't act like that" around here. Best of luck.

YES!!!! If you have one child who is 5 months STFU about how I raise my 4 year old.
  • elyse4281 said:

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said, "my kid won't do that" and I get that it was probably implied. If you choose to use an electronic device with your kids, that's fine. I've been to restaurants and observed device use for the entirety of the ordering/waiting/meal/paying. It just makes me sad.

You judging other parents instead of paying attention to your own company at a restaurant makes me sad.
  • We are on the tablet discussion again this week? I-)

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• UO: fall is awful it means winter is coming and now have to start my drive to work earlier because of kids getting on the bus. So irritating.

Also bus drivers that don't pull over for cars to pass.
  • I can live with camo on adults (if I have to) - but I can't get behind all these camo outfits for babies and kids. No thanks my daughter doesn't need any pink camo pants, we aren't taking her hunting this year.
  • I hate the way Idena Mendel sings Let It Go. Every other version I've ever heard is better than hers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"