November 2014 Moms

Blood Clot in Leg - update in OP

schrijiverschrijiver member
edited September 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Mobile bumping so sorry for lack of paragraphs! Semi-lurker here but I faithfully follow the boards and you ladies ;). Just wanted to let you all know why I've been full time lurker lately. I'm currently in the hospital, a large blood clot was found in my left leg yesterday and so I'm being monitored to make sure I'm responding to medicine. Baby boy is doing great. It started last Friday night with a back ache. I called the on call doctor Saturday when it got more severe on my lower left side. I was told to take Tylenol and see if that helped. Sunday morning it hurt much worse so I went to urgent care but they wouldn't see me and was sent to L&D where I was told sciatica (never had experience with this before). I followed their directions but it wasn't helping the pain. Fast forward to yesterday and I could barely walk. I knew something wasn't right. I went in to work but my left leg went numb and within an hour had swollen to twice it's size. It was quite a scary sight! Called the doc and they sent me to the ER where a large clot was found up in my left inner thigh. So I'm on blood thinners. I'll have to give myself a shot twice a day until he is born. I'm out of work until they make sure I'm responding to the medicine. They are doing an ultrasound later just to check on baby boy but he's been a champ. We are both being well taken care of. Thanks for all the support you ladies have given me thus far. I'll keep you updated!

UPDATE:
Thanks for all the support ladies (and making me not feel like so much of a lurker) :).  I was discharged with afternoon!  My levels looked good and it showed that the blood thinners were doing their job so they felt good letting me go.  I gave myself the first shot this morning and it wasn't that bad.  Thanks to all the ladies who are getting the lovenox shots who gave their support and let me know how they are dealing with it! 

Apparently the clot runs down the length of my leg so I was told I would have to be on blood thinners for 8 months to a year and after pregnancy I will switch over to seeing a hematologist (sp?) for continued monitoring.  I have to go in once a week to check on my blood levels and check up on baby.  I have had several NSTs and an ultrasound and baby boy is doing great.  I was told he weighs 4 lbs and 4 oz so he's growing well in there and hasn't been affected by all that's happened so that made me very happy.

It's still very difficult to walk but the more I'm able to get up and move the better.  My parents are staying with me to help for now until I can at least manage a little more on my own.  I'm also rocking some uber sexy compression socks.  I'll be out of work for two weeks minimum which is stressing me out some because I wasn't prepared to go out this early, but the staff at my school as been extremely supportive (my VP is the one who rushed me to the ER when all this went down and one of the teachers stayed with until my parents could get here).  All my students think I left to have the baby lol. 

Again, thanks for all the support!  It helped to read all your comments as I dealt with this in the hospital.  Thanks for being there for me.  You rock and I love you guys!
Connor Graham

Re: Blood Clot in Leg - update in OP

• Glad they discovered it and you are getting good medical care. Hang in their baby and mama! Hugs
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So glad it was finally discovered and is now being treated. GL!

Ts & Ps being sent your way >:D<

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Thoughts and Prayers! Glad baby is doing okay!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad you are getting the help you need!!!
  • Ooo scary, but glad it's been discovered. T&P for you and baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh that's scary! Glad you are getting help!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thoughts and prayers!  Glad they were able to identify the issue finally. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry! I know how painful and scary clots can be. I had 2 in a period of 2 years (prior to pregnancy). I'm another one that has been giving herself shots throughout the whole pregnancy though I only do once a day Lovenox for the moment. It's such a short time frame to deal with the shot pain to make sure you and baby are ok! Good luck :)
  • So glad they caught it and you're getting help.  FX crossed that you respond well to the meds.
    ~Nov14 Moms November Siggy Challenge: CELEBRATION!! ~

Anniversary

• Oh dear! That's really tough but it's great that you are in close care now to ensure the clot is dissolved. Now that the docs have it under control, take the time to rest. Hope you feel better and respond to the meds soon.
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Yikes!  I'm so glad they found it and you are being well taken care of!

Shoot me a PM and let me know what hospital you are in!  How long will you be there?  Maybe I can swing by for a visit!

• So glad you were able to get answers to what was going on and were able to do something about it. Hope you are feeling better soon! 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So happy that they found the clot and are able to treat it!  Good luck!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Glad they caught the problem. Thinking of you and yuor LO.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• I'm sorry you're dealing with that! Good luck, hope lu those blood thinners and shots work! :)
  • So glad it was caught! Scary stuff.
  • Glad you're getting the proper treatment!!
  • I'm sorry it took so long for them to take you seriously. I hate that. I am glad that it was found before it became serious and they are working on dissolving the clot!! T&Ps to you and your little guy!
  • Very scary.  I, too, am glad they caught it and you are being properly treated.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Thank you for educating us on this!! You never know who else may benefit from your story. Personally I wouldn't know how to identify blood clot versus sciatic (spell?) nerve stuff so thank you. Glad you are doing better!
  • That sounds so scary, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad that they caught it (eventually) and you're being treated for it. ((Hugs))
  • ugh...so sorry it took them so long to figure it out.....thats so scary!!

Glad they found it though and its being addressed. 

BTW, I don't consider you a lurker  :)

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• So scary! Glad that they caught it and have been taking good care of you. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Wow! How scary. Blood clots freak me out! I hope the blood thinners help, and you don't experience anymore issues with cloths! (((hugs)))
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• So glad they caught it and are taking good care of you and baby boy. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. We are here for you. Lots of healing thoughts and prayers to you and baby.

I also wish to point out that you are not a lurker. I recognize you. So, that means you are stuck with us! :D
  • I too have a blood clot in my leg and was given the run around. I thought my leg was going to fall off. I went to one ER where they did an u/s and just diagnosed me with general pregnancy pain. After about 4 days, the swelling had gone down but my leg hurt to move at all. My hips felt like they were out of place. I decided to go to Triage at another hospital and I threw a fit that they give me a diagnosis. They did another u/s and there it was... In my upper left thigh. So my diagnosis is a DVT and i am also on lovenox injections 2x a day. They will swithc me to heparin in 3 weeks until delivery. I feel your pain, momma. It was terrible. I hope that you're feeling better. I am wearing compression stockings to keep the swelling down since they said it could take up to four months. 

******Siggy Warning**************

Me 29 - no known issues ( Highest FSH 10.1??) 
    DH- 36 - quite the perfect man!
    TTC since 1/2011
    IUI #1 March 2012 
    BETA #1  BFP
    B/O at 6 weeks D&C @ 10 weeks 
    IUI #2-7 (2012)= BFN
    IVF  Jan 14 - Follistim, Ganirelix
    22R, 8M, 8F
    ET  (1-14-14) - 1 Grade A 8 cell = BFN
    FET (2-18-14)  1 grade A 12 cell and one early morula!
    BETA #1 (3-3-14) =1,389  p4 17.4
    BETA #2  (3-5-14) = 4,553 u/s showed one small g sac
    U/S #2      (3-17-14) Shows two little beans with heartbeats!!! TWINS!! 
                                       Heartbeats were 119 & 120 beans measured (6 weeks 1 day) (6 weeks 2 days)
    found out at 20 weeks that baby B went to heaven
    11/12/14 Baby girl arrived :)
    FET (1-24-16) Grade A early morula 
    BETA #1 300 p4. 11.1 
    BETA#2 1300
    u/s d 1 tiny babe :)
    10/7/16 another sweet baby girl
    4/18 SURPRISE + HPT 
    Beta #1 6 weeks 16,202 p4. 13.2

• I too have a blood clot in my leg and was given the run around. I thought my leg was going to fall off. I went to one ER where they did an u/s and just diagnosed me with general pregnancy pain. After about 4 days, the swelling had gone down but my leg hurt to move at all. My hips felt like they were out of place. I decided to go to Triage at another hospital and I threw a fit that they give me a diagnosis. They did another u/s and there it was... In my upper left thigh. So my diagnosis is a DVT and i am also on lovenox injections 2x a day. They will swithc me to heparin in 3 weeks until delivery. I feel your pain, momma. It was terrible. I hope that you're feeling better. I am wearing compression stockings to keep the swelling down since they said it could take up to four months. 
    Blood clots are hard to diagnose most times because their symptoms are similar to other things.  For me, I had one 18" long from my knee to my abdomen and 3 in my lungs.  I complained first of the pain in my torso and since it was mostly in the back of my lungs they thought it was a strain or kidney infection.  I don't blame them.  Took some time (and a swollen purple leg) but they found it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh no! I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but I'm glad you caught it when you did. In all seriousness, let me know if you need anything. I can swing by if I can help with anything.

image      image

• That is so scary!!! Soglad they caught it in time and i'm thinking about you and your baby! Rest up and let us know how everything goes! <3
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but glad they finally caught it. T&Ps that the medicine works and you and baby continue to do well. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Thanks for all the support ladies, it means a lot!!!
    Connor Graham

• Thanks for the update! Glad you're 'free,' that your LO is doing well, and you're at least feeling better. The 8-12 months of medication afterwards sucks, but I know you'll gladly trade that inconvenience for a healthy baby (and a healthy you!)

Glad your school is being supportive, though your students will be bummed when you return still pregnant!

Finally: compression socks are my favourite item of clothing - rock those babies with pride!
  • So happy for the good update for you! While the shots might suck (and I know next to nothing about blood clots), take care of yourself and follow those doctors' directions! And rock those compression socks! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad you were discharged and baby is doing well and growing. Continued T&P for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for updating us. So happy you and baby are doing well!!!
  • ((Hugs)) to you girl! I'm also taking the daily Lovenox shots. I switch to Heperin at week 36. This is all new to me as well. You got this! PM me anytime if you'd like. >:D<
    BabyFetus Ticker

N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the third trimester (especially when DH eats my pregnancy food)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"