Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

double strollers - can't decide!

I'm due today with #2 and am driving myself nuts over double strollers.  I have a tall, skinny 3.5 yr old and we live in Brooklyn so we walk far more than we drive.  I'm sure I'll wear #2 a fair amount, but when I return to work, our nanny will be toting both kids around a lot and after the awful winter we had this year, I'm reluctant to force dd to use the buggy board all the time, so I think we really do need a double stroller.  I'm between the Phil & Ted's Navigator and the Mountain Buggy Duet.  I tried out the City Select Double and the City Mini Double today - the Select is way too heavy and it's pretty huge, and the Mini is too wide for a city stroller.  Anyone have experience with the Mountain Buggy Duet and/or the Phil & Teds?  TIA :)

Re: double strollers - can't decide!

• Options
    Have you looked at the Valco Snap Duo? It's only 2 inches wider than the Select and steers nicely one handed. I love mine because I can walk my 2 (almost 3)year old and push the stroller at the same time. They have the new version out this month so you should be able to find a great deal.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I'm in Seattle and the Phil & Teds is super popular here. I see it far more often than the Mountain Buggy.
    Same here - I barely see any Mountain Buggys here either.
    Just to throw another in the mix, did you look at the Britax B-Ready as a double? It is similair to the Phil & Teds.
    I haven't but will look into it.
    FmrAFBrat said:
    Have you looked at the Valco Snap Duo? It's only 2 inches wider than the Select and steers nicely one handed. I love mine because I can walk my 2 (almost 3)year old and push the stroller at the same time. They have the new version out this month so you should be able to find a great deal.
    Thanks but unfortunately I can't go any bigger than the Select - it already felt pretty huge to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @monkey_pants‌ Its a narrow side by side & weighs only 22 lbs. It doesn't have that huge & heavy feeling that the select and a lot of tandems have. It maneuvers better than my G-luxe. It's similar to the City Mini but different.

There's the Joovy Too Qool that's similar to the others you mentioned and the Kinderwagon Hop if you wanted super compact. Most doubles are going to be either super heavy or a little wide...you really can't have it all. I looked...and looked quite a bit before finding one.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    We're getting a Graco Ready2Grow bc the smaller kid can see the world in it while in the back seat, not like the Phil & Ted's they're basically underneath in the basket...
  • Options
    My girlfriend has the Duet and it's really nice! Since the stroller is so narrow, the seats are pretty narrow, too, but if your child is skinny, it shouldn't be an issue. It's a nice stroller. It folds easily and you don't have to take any pieces a part to do so. 

However, my other girlfriend has a P&T for her two kids and likes it a lot. She puts either the baby or her toddler in the lower seat and neither seems to mind it. She also runs with it, so kicking the lower seat (which would be my worry) doesn't seem to be an issue. If you decide on a P&T, Costco has a good deal on one.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"