August 2013 Moms

Weightloss Wednesday

Khaleesi07Khaleesi07 member
edited September 2014 in August 2013 Moms

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to revive this thread and see how everyone is doing with their weightloss goals? It's been a little over a year, and while I've finally started to lose some weight once I got my first pp period back in July, I'm definitely not where I was hoping to be at the one year mark.

Right now I'm at 150 (was 160-163 post partum), and ideally I would like to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 120, but I'd be ok with 130--and not stress too much if I can't drop the last ten or so pounds.

The main thing holding me back is just making the time to work out, as well as staying away from sweets! I eat healthy meals, and totally sabotage myself by indulging in some oreos at the end of the night. I can stay away from sweets if I don't see them, but SO keeps a stash for himself, and that does me in. I need to work on will power!

What are you ladies doing for workouts? Aside from taking LO for a daily walk, I've been doing 30 min jogs with the jogging stroller 2-3 times a week, but I need to ramp it up to 4-5 times, and try to supplement that with a couple of Jillian Michaels workouts for strength training.

Hope everyone is on track and doing well!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weightloss Wednesday

• Oh man! Accountability - I stink at that.

I guess I stopped worrying about my weight after months of the scale not moving, but started focusing on fitness and just making my body do what I want it to do. I am jogging about 3.5 miles 5 days a week, (just got to 13 minute miles,) and cycling 1-2 days a week about 7.5 miles, plus conditioning my horse 2-3 days a week. It sounds more impressive than it is. I'm wicked slow. Thank goodness for my 3 girlfriends who come with me - we are training for a 1/2 marathon in March. So exciting!

The scale still has not moved much at all, but I did notice the other  day that my saddle bags are basically gone which is amazing. I have stopped worrying about my actually weight all together and just focused on moving and moving and moving. I want my daughters to think of me as a person who is in motion and who they could always count on to run, jump, hike, swim, cycle, ride, dance, etc. right along with them.

I also bought the 21 Gluten Free Freezer Meals for under $162 plan and got all the stuff to put them together. That is on my agenda tomorrow. We are not necessarily "going gluten-free," but I liked the amount of veggies in these recipes. Pretty excited to get started on putting them together.

So... yep. That's what I have been up to.

• The twins self-weaned about a month ago and my appetite has finally relented. I dropped about 5lbs when we weaned which is what happened last time, too.

I'm training for a half marathon in Nov and I already feel way better about than the 10 miler I ran this past May. I'm running 3-4x a week but it's not easy to find the time. I usually end up fitting in a couple miles after work - H travels a lot so running in the AM isn't always feasible when you're by yourself w the kids. Usually a long run on the weekends, but again a traveling husband makes it hard since I can't just load them all into a stroller and go like I could when there was just one of them.

I also started PT for some lingering SI joint pain and pelvic floor issues that cropped up after the twins were born. I've had those issues for a while but it was getting to the point where I was having serious trouble running and lifting the twins. That's going well.

That's about it - just got to keep training for the half!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"