March 2014 Moms

Baptism gift

My nephew is being baptized this weekend. Normally, we'd give the baby money but our LO is being baptized next month. I think money seems a little silly in this instance because my SIL and BIL would most likely just give LO the same amount of money back.
Am I overthinking this? Or should we give him a physical gift and if so, any ideas? I'm having trouble coming up with something besides money that would actually be useful for the baby and/or his parents.
TTC since December 2011
Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
December IUI cancelled due to cyst
IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

Re: Baptism gift

• I think a physical gift would be better. Maybe a special book that you and your husband can write a note in for your nephew?
  • My Brother and I give the kids mostly money to put in their college fund.  I decide how much we are giving,  buy a small toy or book for them to have something, then the rest gets put into the fund.  My parents are doing the same this year for Christmas. 

If money is not a good option,  I like the book idea, just be sure to write something special inside somewhere. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • For LO's gifts she got a lot of religious books for kids, a very shortened condensed kids Bible, she got a precious moments personalized Bible, she got a few outfits, a pretty cross to hang on the wall, a picture frame that says Baptism Day for pics with us and the Godparents and of course money.

For my Godson's baptism along with money I got him a personalized photo album for the day's pictures.  If you really want to give money, go for it.  All gifts are really just the trading of money whether they're a month apart or a year.  Even the gifts you get from people that you didn't get anything in return, surely you've spent the same amount or more on other people, so I wouldn't let that stop you if a cash gift is what you want to give.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Thanks for your thoughts! I love the book idea!
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• We told people to give money for our LOs RESP if they wanted to contribute to her college/uni fund and asked but also received the usual silver cup, silver fork and spoon, some books, clothes and picture frames. Oh and a beautiful pencil portrait that my MIL had commissioned of LO when she was like 9 days old!
  • I've always gotten my god children, nieces, and nephews nice gold cross necklaces that were blessed before. They were adult ones that they can have forever.
  • Something I like to give for baptisms is the Noah's Ark fisher price little people set! It's so cute. https://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/brands/littlepeople/products/37173

BabyFetus Ticker
  • One of the things my daughter got that she loves is a little stuffed lamb. We named it Lamby and it is one of her favorite toys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"