Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

1st pp period....

I am 12 wks pp and I still have not gotten my period. I exclusively formula feed. I bleed for about 4 weeks immediately after. Is this normal? I am starting to get nervous. DH and I have had intercourse multiple times, but used protection every time.

Re: 1st pp period....

• Options
    Its normal to not have a period while BFing especially if you're feeding every 3 hours or so. The hormones needed for BFing suppress ovulation. That being said, if your LO goes for long stretches at night (5-6 hours or more) without a feeding then you're more likely to start ovulating again. You don't have to have a period to have ovulated either so you may want to POAS!
  • Options
    I am not breast feeding, that's why I am concerned
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No idea. Call your doc. GL!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    if you were breast feeding exclusively I'd say it's very normal, although I'm pretty much exclusively breast feeding and still got my period.

get a test and check with your doctor!
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    @NADA-H‌ how many weeks pp are you and when did you get your period? I ask because I'm 7 weeks pp on Friday and EBF but my LO goes long stretches at night. I'm thinking AF may show her ugly face soon.
  • Options
    I got my first period at 8 weeks pp, i will be 9 weeks tomorrow. My post partum bleeding went on until 6 weeks pp too
    imageimage
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    And yes my baby started sleeping for longer stretches at 6 weeks so that might be part of why? I guess
    imageimage
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    When i was given the birth control to take while BF my nurse said the effects cpuld be long stretches of having a period or sometomes skipping. Since you are only doing formula not sure if you went back to same old birth control. You do need to take birth control for a whole 1 month cycle in order for it to work properly.
  • Options
    I got my period 8 weeks PP. I started taking birth control (the pill) then stopped because of horrible side effects. I'm thinking about getting an IUD now.
  • Options
    Got mine 10 weeks PP not breastfeeding. First child I had it by 6 weeks PP. I'm sure your situation is normal.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    With my first I didn't get a period until 12 weeks pp. (I was freaking out too!) The dr said up to 6 months can be normal, even when not breastfeeding.

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"