May 2012 Moms

Cuss Jar

DH and I have noticed that DD repeats a lot of things we say.  She started using Damn it, in proper context... so we decided to implement a cuss jar.  Every time DH or I cuss in front of the baby, we put a quarter in her piggy bank.  I figure when she cusses in front of us, she can take one of her quarters and put it back in ours.  I figure this might work for a few years...  Though costs might rise due to inflation. ;)

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

Re: Cuss Jar

• Nice we don't cuss haven't since my ten year old was born. Well dh does at work but not in our home or with our family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • We are usually good with not cursing in front of Fifi, however, her uncle does a lot. So far she hasn't picked up on them because we only see him maybe once a week. My nephew, who is 4 in december, has picked up on quite a few choice phrases. Ugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a bad habit we've worked hard to get rid of. My former job was pretty male-dominated and swearing was almost required of women to be considered part of "the club", so it became pretty ingrained in my speech.  I occasionally slip, but it's pretty rare now.

• I too worked where swearing was just part of the job. I have not done a good job of quitting and am still working on it. DH worked at a factory and has the same problem. Stopping swearing is a lot harder than I anticipated.
  • I was in the military and we are both firefighters... so there is a lot of cussing that happens that we aren't even noticing that we do.  Calling each other out on it and actually getting the quarter seems to help us be a little more aware of our language.  We do have one rule... if the person is swearing during a fit of rage... don't call them out for their quarter until they are calm a few hours later.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• topaz7777 said:

We do have one rule... if the person is swearing during a fit of rage... don't call them out for their quarter until they are calm a few hours later.

Probably a good policy! LOL

• DH and I are both pretty good about not swearing in front of DD, but it does happen! Thankfully she hasn't picked up any bad words yet.

The "cuss jar" is a good idea though! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"