August 2013 Moms

Daycare "biting"

J likes to "kiss" with an open mouth and teeth front and center. He also hugs "aggressively". Because of his size, the daycare says he's going around knocking kids over and biting their face. I'm pretty confident it is just "kissing".

They have had me sign a lot of incident reports. I don't want to discourage his "kisses".... Any suggestions?
Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

Re: Daycare &quot;biting&quot;

• My son used to do something like this, but instead of hugging, he would push people. I had a child behaviorist advise me to try and find something else he could do as an alternative. So instead of telling him what NOT to do, we were telling him what he could do instead. We suggested that he give people "high-fives". Kind of hard at this age because they don't necessarily understand, but if you see him running over to a new person to try and give them a kiss, see if you can intervene and push him towards doing a different behavior instead?
  • I like the idea of teaching him to high 5 instead. I'll try that. Thanks !
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Loading the player...
  • I got loads of incident reports for my big one. It seemed like 2-3 a week sometimes. I agree w PP, show him what he can do and how to be gentle and have gentle hands and gentle touches.

My big one got so excited dancing once, he danced himself into a wall and I got an incident report for it. Haha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"