May 2014 Moms
Options

Fall/Winter clothing

So it is starting to be a bit cooler around here, tried on my jeans from pre pregnancy not one pair fits even though I'm close to my pre preg weight. Worse my favorite heels are to small! Anyone else having these issues? Can't decide how much to spend on new clothes while I'm still hoping to shrink more. Ugh! Annoyed. Wearing yoga pants all winter is tempting but I have a party to attend this weekend and am also tired of being frumpy frumpelskin all the time.

Re: Fall/Winter clothing

• Options
    amrokeamroke member
    edited September 2014
    Not sure about the jeans because I never lost enough weight after my first kid to even attempt my pre-pregnancy jeans. Sounds like some people's bodies just change shape and even if they are back to pre-pregnancy weight, clothes fit differently. But not everyone, so maybe hold off on too many new clothes for a bit.

As far as the shoes, my son is almost two and my feet never returned to their pre-pregnancy size. From what I've heard, I'm probably a half size bigger permanently. If I were you I would buy new shoes! Totally sucks to have a closet full of shoes that don't fit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My shoe size was 8.5 and now I'm a 9. So far I've only broken down and bought new running shoes, but as the weather cools, living in flip flops will no longer be an option. Based on what I've heard from fellow moms, this is likely my new shoe size.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    After living in tank tops and yoga capris all summer, I'm back to wearing some of my smaller maternity clothes from last fall. I have one pair of pre-preg jeans that fit, but like you, I'm hesitant to go shopping until I'm more sure of what size in going to be.
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    edited September 2014
    Maybe you could find a few cheap items at Ross or TJ Maxx to tide you over?  

Edited to add:  My challenge has been finding items that are easy to breastfeed in.  I always either pull the neckline down or unbutton my shirt.   I guess I need to start practicing pulling a shirt up from the bottom to expand my shirt options a bit.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I feel your pain!
    I've been putting off shopping until fall because I'd rather buy cool whether stuff because I'll be wearing it longer.
    Not sure about my shoes, but my jeans are not even getting past my butt. I bought 1 pair of jeans on sale. I went up 3 sizes. I also had to buy a bridesmaids dress this past weekend. Not cool 3mths postpartum, but they will let me exchange it for a smaller size in a couple months if I need it. So happy to hear that!
  • Options
    My shape has changed. Luckily my feet haven't.

I cleaned out my closet to simplify my wardrobe and won't buy new clothes until after a join a gym and shape up a bit. I'm not working so I will get away with the yoga pant/sweater combo this winter. I'll probably buy a pair of jeans just to have and wear.

Kind of my motivation. Get in shape, get new clothes.
  • Options
    I haven't tried my jeans or work pants, I suspect these will be a no go. I'm holding off buying any clothes until two weeks before I return to work, so another 4 weeks or so. I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight (woohoo, after gaining 40lbs) but my body is definitely different.

Shoes fit same as before.
  • Options
    My shape has changed. Luckily my feet haven't.

I cleaned out my closet to simplify my wardrobe and won't buy new clothes until after a join a gym and shape up a bit. I'm not working so I will get away with the yoga pant/sweater combo this winter. I'll probably buy a pair of jeans just to have and wear.

Kind of my motivation. Get in shape, get new clothes.
    Same here. I LOVE clothes and shopping, but I hate the idea of buying cute stuff that I will (hopefully) have to wear for a short period of time.
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

• Options
    Think I'm going to hit Old Navy today and just get a cheap pair of jeans for now, plus maybe a few leggings or yoga pants. I only work part time and wear a uniform so thats not the problem, just need to be able to get dressed everyday and don't want to feel like a complete slob. BTW posters looking for winter breast feeding clothes check out H & M. Alot of their mama line is maternity plus breast feeding features.
  • Options
    The hunger is my vice at the moment. BF is making me so hungry. I have to try to choose healthy choices but carbs keeps me going.
  • Options
    I could only fit into one pair of pre-pregnancy jeans so I went ahead and bought another two a few weeks ago so I can look like a normal human being when I go out. We have a few local second hand stores that specialize in brand name clothes, so im going there for the rest of my fall/winter wardrobe.

I second the need for tops that are breastfeeding friendly. That's always a limiting factor when choosing a top.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    I thought I was the only one...sorry we are all in the same boat! I fit into 2 pairs pre pregnancy jeans. I bought a cheap pair of capris, so I wore those a lot this summer and maxi skirts. I just said to my DH the other day I need to maybe grab a few cheap items, as I feel like I have nothing to wear...my feet went up a 1/2 size...so far I bought a pair of sneakers and sandals. I guess I will have to buy new fall boots. And then there's my boobs...yup never shrunk and I'm not BF, I cannot fit into any old bras. I have 3 BF bras I can wear at the moment. This sucks!!!
  • Options
    I'm planning on wearing yoga pants and leggings until I fit into my prepreggo pants. But that might be a while since I'm sitting on the couch so often nursing. ;) in the mean time I'm going to buy another pair of riding boots and more leg warmers and rock my stretchy pants. :x
  • Options
    At work it's a combo of old dresses, new dresses, and maternity slacks + a couple of shirts. I found that my old dresses were working on my new body a lot easier than pants. So I bought some ankle boots and will wear them with those + tights when the weather gets cooler.

At home it's black old navy tank tops with a rotating cast of ON cropped sweatpants, "fat" prepregnancy jeans and post partum shorts on the bottom.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Some prepreg clothes fit but my jeans wont button up ugh... I have the csection pouch thing going on so even if some pants fit, they look hidious with my big chunk all stuffed in there. I will likely need to try on different styles to get a new fit. But will try to start an exercise routine to help flatten things up
  • Options
    bossyferg said:

Some prepreg clothes fit but my jeans wont button up ugh... I have the csection pouch thing going on so even if some pants fit, they look hidious with my big chunk all stuffed in there. I will likely need to try on different styles to get a new fit. But will try to start an exercise routine to help flatten things up

Ugh, I hear you on the pouch. I had a vertical incision so it's like I have 2 additional droopy tits hanging over my pants.
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

• Options
    It's getting too cold here for the running capris and leggings I lived in all summer but none of my pants fit either. I'm still 10lbs away from pre pregnancy and 15-20 lbs from where I'd like to be. I need to figure something out before winter kicks in. So I still have 4-6weeks.
  • Options
    I bought one new pair of pants and hoping to fit into my old ones in a month or two. It just feels like my belly is still...soft and out of shape. But I remember it taking a good 6 months to a year before I felt like my body was more...normal (in shape).

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    @susanoutloud Thank you for the Jag jeans tip. They are cute and look comfy - I'm all about comfort! They have them at the Nordstrom near my house so I'm going to try them on this weekend. Maybe it will be the first postpartum clothes shopping experience I'll actually enjoy? Don't want to get my hopes up too high... :/
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    edited September 2014
    @QOTR‌, I have this problem too. The website Milk Nursingwear has a good selection of nursing-friendly clothing and it doesn't seem that expensive. I got a dress from there for SIL's wedding and plan to get some tops for fall/winter because the nursing t-shirts and tank tops I have won't cut it much longer...
    Thanks for the tip @lissiehoya.  I just ordered a couple of tops from their clearance section. 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"