April 2014 Moms

Where does your baby sleep?

edoliesmomedoliesmom member
edited September 2014 in April 2014 Moms
I know this has been discussed before, but I don't think there's been one in a while. I'm curious now that they're all a bit older!
February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3

Where does your baby sleep? 255 votes

In their own room/nursery
57% 147 votes
In my room, but not for much longer
12% 31 votes
In my room, and they'll be there for a while
27% 70 votes
SS
2% 7 votes

Re: Where does your baby sleep?

• We are trying to transition to her crib but since we are now in the inlaw suite at my inlaws :) she will still be in our room
  • honeyzoo said:

Crib in nursery since day 1.

Goodness, I don't think I would get any sleep that way! It used to be worse, but now it's only 2 or 3 times a night that my mind wakes me up to make sure she's still breathing.

• Loading the player...
  • We transitioned from PNP in our room to crib in her nursery around 3 months. She is a noisy, but solid sleeper, so I was the one waking up a lot more than she was.
  • Some nights her crib, other the bassinet in my room. By 4o'clock in my bed.
  • She was in the crib in the early days but from around three months on we've bedshared. I don't think I'll put her in her own room for a while. Mostly because we just moved in with my grandparents and there's no spare rooms here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Her own room in the crib since day 3 home. She would not sleep in our room at all, which was our plan. I joked with my ILs that they must have done something to the crib to make her sleep (FIL built the crib, MIL stained it).
  • honeyzoo said:

Crib in nursery since day 1.

Goodness, I don't think I would get any sleep that way! It used to be worse, but now it's only 2 or 3 times a night that my mind wakes me up to make sure she's still breathing.
    Haha well since he was there in the early days, he was up every 2 hours anyway. No need to check in! Now if I want to peek in on him I just turn the video monitor on. There is no way I could sleep with him in our room, I would be a zombie.
    Well that makes sense! And yes, there are days when I wish I would've gotten a video monitor instead of just an audio one.

• I love my video monitor. I can even zoom in to see her chest rise & fall.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • We transitioned to his crib in his bedroom at about 4 1/2 months.  He learned to roll from back to tummy so we quit the swaddle and decided to make the transition to his crib at the same time.  It's worked great because he was becoming too light of a sleeper to share a room with us. He still wakes often during the night, often just needing the paci put back in, but his room is just across the hall so it isn't too far to go.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • In our room, in our bed.
  • Half in his crib, half in bed with me.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • In our room in the pack and play til 3ish in my bed after. Add me to the zombie list. I can't imagine getting up and walking to his room the 6-8 times a night we wake up.
  • RNP in our room. I keep thinking about transitioning him to the crib in the nursery but I am having a hard time actually getting myself to try.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• ambarnett1ambarnett1 member
    edited September 2014
    Finally in the crib! We transitioned him this past month. He is in the magic merlin suit, but I think that's better than being swaddled in the RNP.

Eta- crib is in his own room

• In our room and she'll be here until she STTN.

We have a two bedroom apartment and her sleeping habits plus squeaky floors (when I have to get her) would wake up our son if she was in the room with him.

ETA: her crib is in our room and she sleeps in there.

This is our situation too- once he's in a crib he'll be sharing a room with his brother and I don't want to do that until he's sleeping longer and is no longer up for the day at the crack of dawn, since we just broke the toddler of that habit. He starts the night in his own bed but when he wakes around 3am he comes into our bed.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Vjlewis07Vjlewis07 member
    edited September 2014
    He sleeps in his room until around 4 and then he's in bed with me. This week since DH is away he is in bed all night with me.
  • We had DS in a bassinet in our room for the first 3 weeks.  But between DH snoring and all of DS's feedings and little noises I was not getting any sleep.  We moved him to the crib in his room and we all slept better.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She sleeps in the pnp in our room because our master is downstairs with the nursery up. With the amount of times she wakes up I'd never get sleep. We might go to her in the crib and me in the guest bed this weekend. We'll see.
  • He sleeps in the kitchen. We are staying in my parents guest house right now so DS1 is in the bedroom, I'm in the living room and G is in the kitchen.
  • Crib in nursery since night 4...but during this fun "rolling and screaming" regression he is in our bed from about 2/3 am on because he WILL NOT sleep after.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Pack N Play next to our bed. Baby room is upstairs corner of the house and the master is downstairs on the opposite side. Literally as far away as possible. So, we're in no rush. Eventually, we'll probably move into the guest room across the hall when we move him upstairs, but I'm very content for now to have him next to me. 
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• She has been sleeping in her crib since she turned 3 months old.
  • We side turned our crib into a sisecar crib and DD sleeps in that next to us for most of the night. Sometimes she ends up in our bed but, she is an awful sleeper so it's the only way I end up with more than 3 hours at a time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He was a bouncy seat sleeper until he learned to roll over, and then we had a super easy crib transition. He sleeps and naps in his crib, we got lucky with sleep so far! Well, naps are hit and miss.. But yeah, his own room, in his crib. He digs it.
  • In my bed. We have let all three of our babies co sleep until they sttn. I love having her close to me.
  • We moved her to her own crib/room at 4 months; previously she had been in a Rock 'n' Play in our room. 
  • eireyeseireyes member
    edited September 2014
    Bassinet in our room until about 6 weeks, then crib in his room.  He was such a noisy sleeper that I was waking up and he wasn't! Even if he hadn't been so noisy, I would have transitioned him at about that time anyway since I had to go back to work at 8 weeks, and I didn't want to be waking him up with all my noise in the AM.

Ugh, spelling is hard...

• Crib for naps during the day. We'll move her there at night when she's STTN, which doesn't look like anytime soon. She was sleeping in our bed until the past few weeks. We put her back in the co sleeper just because she's been sleeping so much better on her tummy.

BabyFetus Ticker

• DD still usually wakes to nurse once a night and it is so much easier having her in our room near the bed so I don't plan to move her to her own room until she really "sleeps through the night" on a more regular basis, I need all the sleep I can get!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"