Secondary IF

IVF injections ?

I have been reading a ton of posts I was curious what is the most used IVF injections. I have seen so many what type were you put on so I can get an idea of what I am looking forward to? Which ones did you also perfer over others if you were on more than one? The wait is killing me I just need to know everything before I get started I am calling tomorrow to set up first RE visit. The clinic is supposed to be the best in our area its an hour there and an hour home but it will be worth it, Thanks for all you help and answers

Alyssa

Re: IVF injections ?

• I am not sure about what is the most common, but there are a couple different types of stim drugs. I seem to respond a little better to Bravelle over Follistim. Also there is lupron which suppresses your ovaries before you stim. And Ganirellex which prevents you from ovulating early. It will all depend on your Dr. Do you have drug coverage? We do, and we are very lucky. We also have only done IUIs, and no IVF.
  • imagefirsttogo:
    I am not sure about what is the most common, but there are a couple different types of stim drugs. I seem to respond a little better to Bravelle over Follistim. Also there is lupron which suppresses your ovaries before you stim. And Ganirellex which prevents you from ovulating early. It will all depend on your Dr. Do you have drug coverage? We do, and we are very lucky. We also have only done IUIs, and no IVF.

Yes I have great drug coverage thank God!! I have heard of all of those they all are covered by my insurance. Thanks for the info.

Alyssa

• Loading the player...
  • I have used Bravelle, menopur, repronex for stims, and lupron and ganirelix for suppression.

I will likely use bravelle, menopur and ganirelix again, since that combo worked. 

My research showed menopur was a better choice, over repronex for me

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I used Menopur to stim for IVF... it kinda burned when injected.  But it worked great!  I used Follistim for one of my IUI cycles and that was pretty easy and I also responded really well to that.
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • I am doing my injections now.  Follistim, Ganarelix, and Repronex.  The Ganarelix burns!!! Only for a few minutes though...I have been super duper tired and slight headaches.  I am almost to trigger shot point and I feel so bloated! Pretty bad stomach cramps, feel like I always have to pee, and lots of pressure in my lower abdomen.  
  • Post is from 2009.   8-X

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"