January 2015 Moms
Options

RAWV

Randoms, AWs, vents, anyone??

Re: RAWV

• Options
    Random: I've been sorting, washing, and organizing all of the boys' clothes that we own (newborn-5t) for the past two days, and it's a much bigger job than I thought! Cannot wait to finish.

AW: DH just booked a weekend out of town for us in a few weeks, and I'm super excited!

Vent: Our weekly schedule is too full, and I hate it. I feel like we're never quite caught up, and there's always a list of things to go/do. I don't know what (if anything!) we can give up though....
  • Options
    Random: I'm supposed to be having a garage sale this weekend with MIL, and I've got all my stuff piled up, but have yet to go through it and price it... I'm really dreading this part because it's so time consuming and makes such a mess... But it needs to be done...

AW: Decided on our nursery colors, crocheted 6 hats over the weekend, and am working on more, opened my own Etsy store over the weekend, my oldest is doing fantastically in Choice, and my youngest has his first Art Club meeting next Thursday.

Vent:  I asked DH yesterday to wash 2 cast iron pans for me - I am capable, but it seems every time I do it, I do it wrong, so I've made it pretty clear that I'll leave that job up to him.  Got home last night and neither had been washed.  He explained, and I was fine.  Then this morning, while I took a shower, I asked him to start on the kids lunches.  I explained what was needed and how to do it.  I got out of the shower, got dressed, etc., go to the kitchen and he barely has the kids lunch boxes out... ugh... so I had to make their lunches, miss out on breakfast for me, grab something not so good for me for lunch, and I forgot snacks...  I also asked him last night if he would hang up a few things for me today, so we'll see when I get home if he's done that...  He tells me all the time that if I ask for help, he will help.  But then I ask for help, and I don't usually get it... so why would I bother asking for help if I know I'm going to end up doing it anyway??? UGH...
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Random: I went to "Meet the Pediatricians Day" at our local dr. office today.  It was entirely pleasant but I don't feel any more competent to pick one than I did before I went.

AW: I actually blow dried my hair and put on make up this morning and I must say that I look quite nice.

Vent: I'm so over my job.  I'm going to be a SAHM when the LO is born and even though I've got 3/5 months of work left, my motivation is totally gone.  It's like senior year of high school all over again.  
    -Lily
    EDD: 1/27/15
    So excited for our rainbow baby!
  • Options
    kbl13kbl13 member
    edited September 2014
    Random: I started looking through my newborn and 0-3mo clothes from DS and have pretty much determined that he wore nothing but white t-shirts and onesies for the first few weeks/months of his life.

AW: I baked (and ate too many) muffins this morning and my entire house still smells like Pumpkin and Cinnamon :x

Vent: What's with all the cats/kittens on baby girl clothes?!? I wanted to buy a few pink outfits, but every single thing at Carters had a cat on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Random: I get to go home from work in an hour and take a nap — yay! Then, back to work for another three hours in the evening, but I don't even mind because I'm so looking forward to the nap.

AW: We got our crib and changing table set up in the nursery this weekend, and they were both free (hand-me-downs from family)! We could have gotten them new, but these are in great condition and just what we wanted anyway, so it's nice to have gotten two big-ticket items taken care of and know that we can spend that money on other stuff for baby.

Vent: NBR - my mom is getting divorced, again. This is her third husband who she married a few months after meeting online, then moved halfway across the country to live with him. They've been married less than a year. I'm just so worried about her because she's so far away and he seems like he's a little out-of-control and volatile, so I'm concerned about her safety. I just hate seeing her go through this, again, and feeling like there's nothing I can do to help her.
  • Options
    Random:  Idk.  I want to make popcorn.  I suppose that's random.  lol.

AW:  Umm...  I finally found an outfit to maybe wear to a friend's wedding this weekend that makes me look pregnant instead of fat.

Vent:  Tuesdays are supposed to be my "night off."  Mostly once DH gets home, HE has to deal with DD and I can relax or waste my life on the internet or watching TV.  Well, DH has already texted me he's working late tonight.  And I have meetings tomorrow and Thursday, so it's not really going to work to basically "move" my night off to another night this week.  Friday nights are supposed to be us doing something as a family or date night, so I probably shouldn't try to take that night, either...  I JUST WANT A FEW HOURS NOT TO DEAL WITH THE WHINING AND POOP!  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    honeybeee3honeybeee3 member
    edited September 2014
    Random: My DS is having a particulary fussy and gassy day, so I suggested to my H that maybe we need to get a Windi. He asked, "what's a Windi? And I said "well it's made by the same company that makes the Nose Freida..." He interrupts me (looking mortified and disgusted) "oh no please don't tell me you use it to suck out their farts?!" Bahahaha! He basically thought a Windi was a Nose Freida for their butt! I died laughing =))

AW: Just ordered a whole new nursery set (dresser/changing table combo and two matching cribs, one for DS and one for little peanut). Whoohoo! I'm so excited!!

Vent: I think I've already complained about this on another thread but it's all that's really bothering me right now. My DS bites me really hard almost every time I breastfeed. When I calmly say "no" like my pediatrician and Kellymom suggested, he just thinks I'm playing a game, giggles and then proceeds to bite me again. He's even made me bleed more than once. I will not stop breastfeeding but I am getting so frustrated and at a total loss for what to do about it.

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Random:  I just went and looked at my first daycare facility - I was completely overwhelmed.  We are definitely not going to send the baby there because it is way more expensive than we were planning on spending (it's $2600+ / month) but at least I have an idea of what "great" looks like.

AW:  We put the rug and the crib in the nursery last night and my rocker is coming Friday.

Vent:  The changing table was broken in the box :(

BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Random: I had a pretty crappy day today and one of my dogs just jumped on the recliner with me, put her head on my ginormous boobs, and licked me on the chin:)

AW: We are making great progress on clearing out space for baby.

Vent: My aunt is being difficult. Apparently, she came unglued when my dad mentioned some pearls my Nana promised to me 15 years ago. My Nana is still with us but her dementia is slowly progressing. I won't get these pearls until she passes (which probably won't be for a while since she is in otherwise good health despite her dementia). I mean, God forbid I should have something of my grandmother's that she promised to me. I have no idea why this is even issue. It's not like I want her wedding ring. I want one stinkin' piece of jewelry she said I could have. Sheesh...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Random: My DS is having a particulary fussy and gassy day, so I suggested to my H that maybe we need to get a Windi. He asked, "what's a Windi? And I said "well it's made by the same company that makes the Nose Freida..." He interrupts me (looking mortified and disgusted) "oh no please don't tell me you use it to suck out their farts?!" Bahahaha! He basically thought a Windi was a Nose Freida for their butt! I died laughing =))

AW: Just ordered a whole new nursery set (dresser/changing table combo and two matching cribs, one for DS and one for little peanut). Whoohoo! I'm so excited!!

Vent: I think I've already complained about this on another thread but it's all that's really bothering me right now. My DS bites me really hard almost every time I breastfeed. When I calmly say "no" like my pediatrician and Kellymom suggested, he just thinks I'm playing a game, giggles and then proceeds to bite me again. He's even made me bleed more than once. I will not stop breastfeeding but I am getting so frustrated and at a total loss for what to do about it.

Hahahaha! Suck out the farts! Amazing!
  • Options
    kellyfo14kellyfo14 member
    edited September 2014
    R: my cat is staring me down.

AW: I have been working my ass off de-cluttering the last two days and it is starting to look pretty damn good in here. I figure it is the cooler weather giving me energy.

V: Last night DD4 woke up not long after she fell asleep screaming that she was stung by a bee! Ran upstairs and found turned on the light. No bee just a single mosquito. I killed the heck out of that thing but it had bitten her several times on the cheek. Got her back to bed and she woke up this morning with 13 bites on her face and one on her hand! From one single stupid very dead (now) mosquito. Poor baby! Oops, sorry the pic is sideways.
  • Options
    StargirlbStargirlb member
    edited September 2014
    wowww I actually get to post one, finally..

I just stormed out of a 'wives lunch' with a couple of the wives of DH's biz associates and our kids. 

We started talking about healthcare. I was the only one who thought that moving to a free market healthcare model  in the current economic system is a patently bad idea. And had the only facts/figures to back up my point. Of course, the topic moved on to social welfare, and one of them who is a staunch libertarian (so is the other) was going on about how having welfare available is responsible for the breakdown of families because without welfare the women would "try harder to make their relationships work." The second woman agreed. 

Fucking load of bullshit. 

So I started to explain about about how the reproductive imbalance between males and females leaves women at a 'natural' disadvantage when it comes to the cost of exiting relationships, and that in this 'natural' state without welfare and programs etc, the exit cost is simply too high for most women, though that is not true of men. So women being 'incentivized' to keep their relationships together in this manor basically just means resigning them to a life of poverty, slavery, and abuse. 

And then....

The second woman chimes in smugly "Well, I don't get why they would pick those men in the first place then." 

Oh HELLZ no. There is very little that will bring me to the point of rage, but this is one of them. 

My blood was BOILING and I ranted at her tha I sure hoped she was never in a situation when a man she relied on and thought she could trust strangled her and threw her out of a car. Or held her against the ground while she was holding their child and threatened to kill her. I told her that if that ever happened to her, and that if she had no job, family, or means to support herself while leaving that I hoped she would have access to housing and financial support without having to try to find a lawyer who could take her as charity. I said she was blaming the victim for her own abuse, and championing precisely the system that the abusers thrive on-- one in which women are left on their own to manage their own victimization and abuse. "Choosing those men" often closely resembles a system in which women are left without alternatives, and are raised in such a system where they are expected to do this free labor for men.

Then I stormed out. The first woman (not the one who made the comment about women choosing those men,) came down with me to help me carry my stuff and waiting with me being really nice  while DH left work to pick me up outside and take me back to the apartment. I am still a fuming hot mess. 

I chalk what she said up to ignorance, which I do my best not to pathologize, but the last time I met her a few months ago, I told her the story of my relationship with my abusive ex. So yeah. GRRR.
    Dh was telling me she has had a hard time making friends here and is pretty socially clueless, and I said yeah well she can strike one more potential friend off that list.
  • Options

@honeybeee3‌
    Have you tried putting him down when he bites? When my LOs bit while nursing, I would firmly tell them no (like you're doing), then immediately set them down on the floor (or somewhere safe) and walk away for a minute or two. They hated it and screamed, but they learned not to bite very quickly--I only had to do it maybe two or three times. Hope you can get your LO to stop biting asap. know how incredibly painful it can be!!
  • Options

kbl13 said:

Random: I started looking through my newborn and 0-3mo clothes from DS and have pretty much determined that he wore nothing but white t-shirts and onesies for the first few weeks/months of his life.

AW: I baked (and ate too many) muffins this morning and my entire house still smells like Pumpkin and Cinnamon :x

Vent: What's with all the cats/kittens on baby girl clothes?!? I wanted to buy a few pink outfits, but every single thing at Carters had a cat on it.

I feel that way about boy clothes and footballs...not that I DON'T like football, but does every outfit have to be about football?

Also...can you send me some muffins?  

I hate most sports. So finding clothes in this season without sports related crap on it is almost impossible. I also hate trucks and cars. Summer was great because it was all nautical and animal stuff, which I like. Then fall hit.
  • Options

@honeybeee3‌
    Have you tried putting him down when he bites? When my LOs bit while nursing, I would firmly tell them no (like you're doing), then immediately set them down on the floor (or somewhere safe) and walk away for a minute or two. They hated it and screamed, but they learned not to bite very quickly--I only had to do it maybe two or three times. Hope you can get your LO to stop biting asap. know how incredibly painful it can be!!
    Thanks for the advice :) I haven't done that yet but I will definitely give that a try and see if it helps. Fingers crossed!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Random: My cousin randomly offered to help paint the new baby's room last night.  Like, even a mural if I want (she is an art teacher).  Kind of caught me off guard with this being baby #3, I was planning on doing very minimal "nursery" decoration, but, I might just take her up on it!

AW: Ordered my new boppy pillow this morning!  The boys ripped a hole in the one I used when they were babies, so it needed replacing.  Sweet deal from Kohl's, $22.25 shipped!
    Vent: No vents today, my paycheck finally came in the mail yesterday!!
    :D
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Random - I can't seem to get enough Caesar salad these days. I are entire bag of romaine lettuce and dressing for lunch.

Aw - I scored a deal on my crib bedding off Craigslist. It was an unused complete pottery barn crib set for only $60!! Regularly $200! See the pic I attached, we are doing a beach theme :)

Vent - my husband thinks I'm faking my horrible symphysis pubis pain to get out of doing chores after work. Yes I am walking funny, popping Tylenol and soaking in Epsom salts for the hell of it. Make your own damn lunch for work you jerk face!

• Options
    forthelove12forthelove12 member
    edited September 2014
    @HappyMonkey817‌ you just made my day! Feels like I've been waiting forever for more Bones! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"