Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Would you take LO to the pedi for this?

Hi Ladies,

Not sure if I should wait it out or just take DD to the pedi.  She had a 102 fever last night.  Fever broke this morning but a few hours ago my mom called and said that she's been fluctuating between 100 and 101.  She didn't sleep great last night so she's tired but other than that she seems to be acting ok.  Her appetite has been off for the last 3 days.  She's usually a great eater but for the last 3 days she hasn't been eating very much at all.  She's been drinking fluids fine.  She also seems to be a little constipated.  Yesterday she had mentioned her tummy hurt but she was playing just fine so I didn't think anything of it but today my mom said that she that her tummy hurt.  No vomiting or diarrhea.

I'm really not a mom that rushes to the pedi for every little thing but I'm not sure what to do in this case.  The low grade fever doesn't concern me so much but the low grade fever accompanied by stomach ache and poor appetite concern me.  I called the pedi today just to see if they had any suggestions for me on if I should bring her in or what I should look for.  First they said they can't take her today anyway because they were so busy and then they told me if she's not better by Wednesday to bring her in.  What the heck does that mean?  I wish they would give me specific things to look for. ie. temp above a certain degrees, temp longer than such and such hours, specific symptoms to look for, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you take LO to the pedi for this?

• Options
    Poor appetite is very common with fever.  When you don't feel well usually you aren't hungry.  Our pedi says if they've had a fever for over 72 hours they need to be seen.  If she's drinking fine and playing I wouldn't worry too much.    
  • Options
    Agree with PPs. It's probably a mild tummy bug. I would wait until the 3-day point and call again to see if they want you to bring LO in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"