Food & Nutrition

buying homemade baby food

arheinsarheins member
edited June 2014 in Food & Nutrition
would you buy homemade baby food? if the person had all the permits, health inspections, etc... and it was cheaper than buying at the grocery store? if not, why and could anything change your mind? i feel like for the busy working mothers that are also conscious that this might be a good idea.

Re: buying homemade baby food

• BC&LMBC&LM member
    edited July 2014
    No, definitely not. It's so easy to make your own baby food, why bother with buying something someone else made?

ETA: You asked what could change my mind. Nothing.
  • No. I make my own for the most part.
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you looked into what actually goes into getting the permits, etc to sell food? It is very prohibitive unless you already have a commercial grade facility. 

I can't imagine being able to make it and sell (at a profit) cheaper than store bought.  Also, where would it be sold?  I can't imagine making a separate trip to purchase this would take any less time than steaming and blending myself. 

It isn't very practical which is why you don't see these businesses around.  Lots of people have thought of this but never overcome the logistics.  Otherwise, every farmers market and co-op would have a ton of sellers.

• I'd hope the busy working mothers that are also health conscientious would feed their babies puréed whatever healthy food they are eating for the night. That's what I do.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • BC&LM said:
    No, definitely not. It's so easy to make your own baby food, why bother with buying something someone else made? ETA: You asked what could change my mind. Nothing.

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"