Preemies

intro-- 33 weeker

Hi. I have been lurking for awhile and thought I would introduce myself. My son was born at 33 weeks due to PPROM and PTL. He was 4lbs 3 oz. I had an emergency c section and DS spent 15 days in the nicu before coming home. He is now 5 1/2 months old (4 months adjusted) and doing great. I know that it could have been much worse and I am so thankful of how great he is doing, but I still carry a lot of guilt about the whole situation. I still think somehow I could have prevented it even though no reason was found. Look forward to getting to know all of you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: intro-- 33 weeker

• Congratulations on the birth of your son! I'm sorry you feel guilty. That is a very common preemie mom affliction. But really there was nothing you did wrong to make him come early. I felt that way for a good 6-8 months after my 31 weeker was born. Like what if I hadn't been in such a stressful position at work, what if I hadn't been walking around as much or carrying heavy stuff, did all that contribute to my blood pressure rising, but the doctors told me it was my body and not anything I did. So with time hopefully you will come to grips with it. Enjoy your sweet boy and lots of snuggles before he's running around! My DD is almost 16 months and the snuggles are getting more infrequent!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Welcome!

My 30-weeker was born due to pre-e and HELLP and I also had major guilt...among other feelings. It's normal to have a plethora of feelings! Let yourself feel whatever you need to in order to heal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!

I felt the guilt, too. I still do sometimes. It will get better! Then you can feel guilty about other stuff :) Kids are nice like that.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Thank you. It's good to know I am not alone in my feelings and that they will get better!
  • It's common. I did shots & my labor still started early at 33 weeks mine has been in 10 days already and has probably another 14-21 days to go they are estimating. I feel like it's my fault but sometimes nothing you can do.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ama7165

A little late … but wanted to say WELCOME and my story is similar, PPROM at 33w6d. Our son is now 2w6d and home after a 16 day NICU stay. It's nice to know of others in similar situations with similar feelings, and I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain on some issues given that you're a few months ahead of us!

image image image

• @LaDyBostonRN‌ feel free to ask me anything. It does sound like we have similar stories. My 4lb little guy is now a big guy at 6 months and 17 lbs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"