August 2012 Moms
Options

Potty training deadline

Ok we've got some time, but I'm interested in switching DD to a new preschool when she's 2.5. But they require kids to be potty trained. So far she's shown zero interest in the potty, doesn't tell us when she's pooped, etc. So not ready.

Has anyone trained their 2yo or older child on a deadline? How did it work for you?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Potty training deadline

• Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not huge fan of it but there is a 3 day program you can find on line. I think it basically entails staying at home for 3 days straight and once you start there's no pull ups or diapers. Just underwear. Just to clarify, I'm not opposed to other people using it, it's just not for me.
    Good luck!
    DD2 doesn't seem ready but she is telling when she poops. So I'm going to pull out the potties soon. So they are available. DD1 was pooping on the potty right before she turned 2. Took a while longer for peeing consistently.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    I don't think that you need to put pressure in yourself or your DD since she still has several months. My LO was very easy to train so I don't know what suggestions to offer except I suggest going directly from diapers to underwear, skip the pull-ups or trainers and to do a lot of laundry in the beginning.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just did the 3 day method this weekend and it worked great! Day 1 (sat) was so exhausting -- we went through 7 pairs of underwear by lunchtime! But yesterday (day 3), Jeffrey only had 2 accidents! My friend sent me a training guide by Lora Jenson - it is a PDF so I can't post the link but I am sure you can find it on the internet or I can email it to you if you want... Good luck!!
  • Options

@Jeffreysmom24 will you send it to me?  Ill PM you my email

ETA- tags work better when you spell correctly...

Yep I just sent it to you via email - let me know if you didn't get it!

• Options
    We're probably halfway trained. She hasn't pooped in a diaper in well over a month, and she asks to pee and/or just goes when we put her on 50% of the time. No real deadline and no pressure for us..just slow and steady :) I'm fearful to come on too strong and give us a setback!

imageimage

• Options

Sooooo.......general question. Evie is still in crib and will be until she refuses it.

We've been sitting on the potty three times a day (we both work full time) at when she requests it (which is usually her saying she wants to poop in the potty so we run in and find a poopy diaper, but hey that's something...) so we're getting close to some serious work here.

But what about at night? She can't get to the potty on her own and I'm not waking up every time she needs to pee. Is it fine to do pull ups at night until she's out of her crib? /cluelessmom

• Options
    Boy underwear = undies!
  • Options
    I go undies across the board because the word "panties" weirds me out! I got shivers just typing it :p
  • Options
    shakinrosshakinros member
    edited September 2014
    Sorry - weird double post!
  • Options
    We have our good days and our bad. She does better with #1 than #2.... She tells us 70% of the time when she has to pee...Today she has gone 3 times already and has only been up 4hrs. For #2 she will tell us she needs to go but its after she has already gone in her diaper. So ready to be out of diapers!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"