Attachment Parenting

Help! Baby cries when held by others!

My LO is 3.5 months. He is really attached to me. He cries and works himself up when my mom and dad come over or I take him there to be watched. In November, they will be babysitting full time when I return to work. I'm trying to get a strategy in place to make him more comfortable with them before November. Any ideas would be appreciated!!
First time mommy-to-be
E.D.D. June 1, 2014

Re: Help! Baby cries when held by others!

• That's really hard.  My LO went through a phase like that around 4 months.  We had a lot of practice runs before I returned to work.  I did a combination of having people come over while I was home so LO could see my interactions with them and leaving him with them for a short amounts of time.  Your LO just needs to know that he can trust others to take care of him and that you'll always come back to him.  My mom watches LO for us.  Two days before she was going to be alone with him, we had her come and hang out/observe for a day while the next day, she took over the care while we were home.  That helped both my mom and LO transition to being together.  If that doesn't work, just remember that your parents and LO may have one or two rough days but after that, they'll get into the groove and it'll be ok!  GL!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"